Beware importing GED COM files

  • Aunt_Jay
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 29, 2000
      I recently tried to import a gedcom file and it
      came in and replaced the entire contents of my
      familytreemaker. I should have made a backup floppy more often but
      my latest backup was for november so all I entered
      from november til now was gone. Fortunately I have the
      information on printouts on paper but all the work of
      re-entering the data lies ahead. The backup floppy worked as
      it should restoring all the files up to november.
      From now on I will make a new backup every time I
      enter data in the familytreemaker. I suggest all users
      of software do the same.