Planning for the end of Windows XP

  • mark_f_rabideau
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 21, 2013
      Just in case you have not heard, and you are a Windows  XP user...

      Effective 8 April 2014 Microsoft will no longer support, enhance, protect or patch Windows XP.  If you are a Windows XP user, you will need a plan to deal with this obsolescence.  There are many things you can do to build yourself and your 'business' a path forward.  The one path you should not take, is the one where you attempt to stick with an unsupported version of Windows XP.  If you are interested in reading more on this topic, here are some informative articles:
      The official Microsoft page on the subject is:
      If you have additional, transition planning 'related' questions, you may pose your queries here:
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 21, 2013
        Thank you for the 'heads' up. I loved Windows XP, but alas, the computer to which is was installed finally died. I now have a new one with Windows 7 installed.

        ~april

        "I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once!"