Re: [genchatfriends] Report on the Destruction of the Elbing Synagogue

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 24, 2013
      Mark,

      I want to read this document, but it's not showing up on the website --
      just a blank page in the area where it should be. I'll try again in a
      minute.

      I did see you have a section for faith traditions in Europe. Have you
      heard of E.H. Broadbent's book _The Pilgrim Church_? It is a less known
      work with lots of documentation. Let me know if interested.

      Love,
      Ann

      On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 5:39 AM, mark_f_rabideau <genealogy@...>wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Hello all,
      >
      > I have had the good fortune to both find, and obtain permission to
      > publish, a document detailing the destruction of the Elbing Westpreussen
      > (West Prussia) Synagogue, written by Siegbert Neufeld (the last Rabbi).
      > (Bericht ueber den Untergang der Synagogengemeinde Elbing/ Report on the
      > Destruction of the Elbing Synagogue)
      >
      > The account may be found at:
      >
      > http://tinyurl.com/a4dochr
      >
      > atb
      > ...mark

    • Mark F Rabideau
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 25, 2013
        Hi Susan

        The document is a pdf. A left click should get the document to open in
        Adobe or similar. If that doesn't work,... do a Save as... and open the
        document from wherever it downloads on your PC.

        The available document is typed from the original handwritten report, as
        I understand. I did not translate the document...

        Pax Vobiscum,
        ...mark (Mark Rabideau)

        Founder & Manager of *GenerousGenealogists*
        <http://generousgenealogists.com/>
        *ManyRoads* <http://many-roads.com/> Family Genealogist (Rabideau-Henss
        Family); *Professional Genealogist *
        *Snail mail at: *711 Nob Hill Trail - Franktown,CO USA - 80116-8717
        *phone:* +1.303.660.9400 *fax:* +1.303.660.9217
        *member:* Association of Professional Genealogists & National
        Genealogical Society
        *"It's always useful to know where a friend-and-relation is, whether you
        want him or whether you don't."*

        Rabbit, Pooh's Little Instruction Book (Winnie the Pooh)