Report on the Destruction of the Elbing Synagogue

  • mark_f_rabideau
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 24, 2013
      Hello all,

      I have had the good fortune to both find, and obtain permission to publish, a document detailing the destruction of the Elbing Westpreussen (West Prussia) Synagogue, written by Siegbert Neufeld (the last Rabbi). (Bericht ueber den Untergang der Synagogengemeinde Elbing/ Report on the Destruction of the Elbing Synagogue)

      The account may be found at:

      http://tinyurl.com/a4dochr

      atb
      ...mark
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 24, 2013
        Mark,

        I want to read this document, but it's not showing up on the website --
        just a blank page in the area where it should be. I'll try again in a
        minute.

        I did see you have a section for faith traditions in Europe. Have you
        heard of E.H. Broadbent's book _The Pilgrim Church_? It is a less known
        work with lots of documentation. Let me know if interested.

        Love,
        Ann

        On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 5:39 AM, mark_f_rabideau <genealogy@...>wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Hello all,
        >
        > I have had the good fortune to both find, and obtain permission to
        > publish, a document detailing the destruction of the Elbing Westpreussen
        > (West Prussia) Synagogue, written by Siegbert Neufeld (the last Rabbi).
        > (Bericht ueber den Untergang der Synagogengemeinde Elbing/ Report on the
        > Destruction of the Elbing Synagogue)
        >
        > The account may be found at:
        >
        > http://tinyurl.com/a4dochr
        >
        > atb
        > ...mark

      • Mark F Rabideau
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 25, 2013
          Hi Susan

          The document is a pdf. A left click should get the document to open in
          Adobe or similar. If that doesn't work,... do a Save as... and open the
          document from wherever it downloads on your PC.

          The available document is typed from the original handwritten report, as
          I understand. I did not translate the document...

          Pax Vobiscum,
          ...mark (Mark Rabideau)

          Founder & Manager of *GenerousGenealogists*
          <http://generousgenealogists.com/>
          *ManyRoads* <http://many-roads.com/> Family Genealogist (Rabideau-Henss
          Family); *Professional Genealogist *
          *Snail mail at: *711 Nob Hill Trail - Franktown,CO USA - 80116-8717
          *phone:* +1.303.660.9400 *fax:* +1.303.660.9217
          *member:* Association of Professional Genealogists & National
          Genealogical Society
          *"It's always useful to know where a friend-and-relation is, whether you
          want him or whether you don't."*

          Rabbit, Pooh's Little Instruction Book (Winnie the Pooh)