Help

  • Lucie Pepin
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 22, 2012
      A few weeks ago, I was browsing through a website I use regularly and looked up my gr8-uncle's birth church document (which is slightly different than the one I found at the library). On the left side of it, I read an inscription that he had been married prior to my gr8-grandmother. I am in touch with Florimond's family (grand-daughter etc..) and none of them have ever head that he was married before he married his late wife Lucienne.

      My question is that I can NOT find anything on his first's wife death or if she had children with Florimond. Can someone help ? here are the details I have :

      1. Married Blanche Ida David was born on March 1st 1904 (baptised on March 13 of the same month/year) in Val des Bois (Notre-Dame de la Garde), Québec.;

      2. She married a Joseph Lefebvre (aka Florimond) on May 14, 1919, in Cochrane, Ontario. She was then 15 yrs old;

      I have put below the link to my tree on Ancestry so you can view the marriage document. You will notice that his name on the marriage document is listed as Joseph but all men are "named" after joseph on Quebec. His place of birth is written as "St-Almas" but he was born in St-Hermas. I believe the person who filled the marriage document misheard/mispelled the place of birth simply. Also Florimond's mother's name is listed as Joséphine Gérard but in reality is it Eleonore Girard (i suspect one of her middle name would have been joséphine and her last name is Girard, again probably misheard/mispelled).

      All of this has me puzzled ! Nobody in his family has ever heard anything to this matter, not even his ex-daughter-inlaw (who is now in her mid-80's alive and kicking). I'm just at my whits end here and I cannot find anything on Ancestry about Ida, whether if she re-married or if she died or even if she divorced Florimond before he remarried in 1926 and why on earth did Florimond marry someone in Ontario ?

      If any can help me solve this mystery I would be so greatful ! and imagine if they had children together (maybe that's why Ida married at 15 who knows !)

      My tree on ancestry is lucielou2009 and the link is : http://trees.ancestry.ca/tree/27352422/family

      Lucie, in Montreal, Qc.