An offer of Free help to anyone wanting it.

  • mark_f_rabideau
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3, 2012
      Hello all.

      Based upon a comment I received from one of my readers, I thought this message might prove helpful and constructive.

      As we all know, everyone needs help sometimes; me included. We all have knowledge, experience, skill gaps. There is no shame in that; as Barbara Streisand's old song said: "People who need people are the luckiest people in the world" (here's a link to the song should you be unfamiliar with it: http://tinyurl.com/ysyjod ). Along those lines, if you are new to German Genealogy/ History research or simply are threatened by it because of a lack of German language proficiency I have a 'free' library of some 17 posts on the subject; this list will grow over time and the link should remain good (due to the magic of WordPress):

      http://www.many-roads.com/category/thoughts/tips-opinions/german-genealogy/

      For the more adventuresome among you, here is a page containing links to German research sites (plus a whole lot more). These are also free.

      http://www.many-roads.com/link-directory/

      For those who might be looking for pointers on other topics, I offer a significant number of similar Free pointers in the following categories:
      Technology & Tools: http://www.many-roads.com/category/thoughts/tips-opinions/technology-tools/
      Quebec/ French Canada: http://www.many-roads.com/category/thoughts/tips-opinions/quebec-genealogy/
      Ancestry.com: http://www.many-roads.com/category/thoughts/tips-opinions/ancestry-tips-opinions/

      Or you can view the whole shooting match (some 150 posts) at: http://www.many-roads.com/?cat=324

      If you find this helpful, please feel free to send it along to any others who might benefit. If you have anything you'd like to add, please contact me off list.

      atb
      ...mark
    • Megan Heyl
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 3, 2012
        Thank you Mark for your generosity and compassion.
        Meg in Mich

        On Jul 3, 2012, at 9:49 AM, mark_f_rabideau wrote:

        > Hello all.
        >
        > Based upon a comment I received from one of my readers, I thought
        > this message might prove helpful and constructive.
        >
        > As we all know, everyone needs help sometimes; me included. We all
        > have knowledge, experience, skill gaps. There is no shame in that;
        > as Barbara Streisand's old song said: "People who need people are
        > the luckiest people in the world" (here's a link to the song should
        > you be unfamiliar with it: http://tinyurl.com/ysyjod ). Along those
        > lines, if you are new to German Genealogy/ History research or
        > simply are threatened by it because of a lack of German language
        > proficiency I have a 'free' library of some 17 posts on the subject;
        > this list will grow over time and the link should remain good (due
        > to the magic of WordPress):
        >
        > http://www.many-roads.com/category/thoughts/tips-opinions/german-genealogy/
        >
        > For the more adventuresome among you, here is a page containing
        > links to German research sites (plus a whole lot more). These are
        > also free.
        >
        > http://www.many-roads.com/link-directory/
        >
        > For those who might be looking for pointers on other topics, I offer
        > a significant number of similar Free pointers in the following
        > categories:
        > Technology & Tools: http://www.many-roads.com/category/thoughts/tips-opinions/technology-tools/
        > Quebec/ French Canada: http://www.many-roads.com/category/thoughts/tips-opinions/quebec-genealogy/
        > Ancestry.com: http://www.many-roads.com/category/thoughts/tips-opinions/ancestry-tips-opinions/
        >
        > Or you can view the whole shooting match (some 150 posts) at: http://www.many-roads.com/?cat=324
        >
        > If you find this helpful, please feel free to send it along to any
        > others who might benefit. If you have anything you'd like to add,
        > please contact me off list.
        >
        > atb
        > ...mark

      • Mark F Rabideau
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 5, 2012
          You are most welcome Meg.

          Pax Vobiscum,
          ...mark (Mark Rabideau)

          ManyRoads Family Genealogist (Rabideau-Henss Family); *Professional
          Genealogist *
          *Visit us at: http://many-roads.com <http://many-roads.com/> *
          *Snail mail at: *711 Nob Hill Trail - Franktown,CO USA - 80116-8717
          *phone:*+1.303.660.9400 *fax:*+1.303.660.9217
          *member:*Association of Professional Genealogists & National
          Genealogical Society
          *"It's always useful to know where a friend-and-relation is, whether you
          want him or whether you don't."*

          Rabbit, Pooh's Little Instruction Book (Winnie the Pooh)