Re: [genchatfriends] Ancestry Hints- another perspective

  • Mark F Rabideau
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 18, 2012
      Hi Cathy

      I like the ones where the parents are younger then the children.
      Innovation in breeding is a good thing I guess.

      Pax Vobiscum,
      ...mark (Mark Rabideau)

      ManyRoads Family Genealogist (Rabideau-Henss Family); *Professional
      Genealogist *
      *Visit us at: http://many-roads.com <http://many-roads.com/> *
      *Snail mail at: *711 Nob Hill Trail - Franktown,CO USA - 80116-8717
      *phone:*+1.303.660.9400 *fax:*+1.303.660.9217
      *member:*Association of Professional Genealogists & National
      Genealogical Society
      *"It's always useful to know where a friend-and-relation is, whether you
      want him or whether you don't."*

      Rabbit, Pooh's Little Instruction Book (Winnie the Pooh)

    • cathyuthus@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 18, 2012
        yes that's another favorite or the best error message is when ancestory tells me a woman can't be a mom in her 30's (the date of birth is incoo rrect, well no it isn't but your database has issues). Better yet,  the christing record has a different mother (hmmmm  and no one caught this) or the census records has the parents switching with their middle or first name (yes that is a favorite on my Curry, Shaw and Dewey line)  My other favorite and I have nothing against the DAR or SAR but sometimes the dates of birth or death are just plain wrong or it doesn't go with that family (I have one of those now, that submitted but I can't find out where they got that information from).  Since my road block will need a road trip in a few years (yup Virginia and West Virginia the land of burn the records, there's a war boys)  and yes that one gets old as well.

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 19, 2012
          I found a census record that has my Mom listed as 10 years old --- when she was in all actuality 10 months old!  :-O  Usually for children under a year old it's written as a fraction:  10/12.  The /12 was left off the record, hence the mistake.  If I didn't know better (she being my Mom) I can see how these mistakes are perpetuated.

          ~april

          "I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once!"