Quebec ...Tanguay pointers

  • mark_f_rabideau
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 7, 2012
      For those who are hoping to conduct Quebec genealogical research, I hope my most recent post will be useful. You may find my article on using and finding Cyprien Tanguay's texts at:

      http://www.many-roads.com/?p=11086

      I recognize that this is a fairly rudimentary article but perhaps it will be helpful. Please send it along to others who might benefit.

      atb
      ...mark
    • Lucie Lou
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 7, 2012
        I've added to my tree very few of TAnguay's excerpts because I prefer to have the actual church documents in my tree.

        But nonetheless, living in Montreal, Quebec, yes this can be very usefull too..

        Good luck to all who are/will be using it.

        Lucie :)
        Montreal, Qc.

        To: genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 7, 2012
          Hi Lucie

          I agree but Tanguay certainly provides a great place to find those
          churches from which to source original documents for those of us who do
          not know where their ancestors lived in the 1600 and 1700s.

          Pax Vobiscum,
          ...mark (Mark Rabideau)

          ManyRoads Family Genealogist (Rabideau-Henss Family); *Professional
          Genealogist *
          *Visit us at: http://many-roads.com <http://many-roads.com/> *
          *Snail mail at: *711 Nob Hill Trail - Franktown,CO USA - 80116-8717
          *phone:*+1.303.660.9400 *fax:*+1.303.660.9217
          *member:*Association of Professional Genealogists & National
          Genealogical Society
          *"It's always useful to know where a friend-and-relation is, whether you
          want him or whether you don't."*

          Rabbit, Pooh's Little Instruction Book (Winnie the Pooh)