to Ann Y

  • memawphd@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 22, 2012
      Thanks for the reply.  Being in both Job's Daughters and Eastern Star, I really didn't think the stars had anything to do with them, but I did look anyway just to be sure.  It looks like the stars on the flags families hung in their windows during WWII for their servicemen which is why I just feel so certain it has something to do with military.  I'm having it appraised so maybe I can find out about something that way.  Thanks again for replying......phd

      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 22, 2012
        I didn't even think about the military stars! When my son was in college,
        on the outside of dorm window sills were bronze stars in memory of every
        student or alumni who died while serving in WWI through the Vietnam War.
        It was my understanding that the student had lived in that particular dorm
        room -- I'm not positive on that part, but I think that was the case. It
        was a sobering experience to stand in the quads and look around at the
        number of bronze stars.

        Let us know what you find out from the appraisal.

        Anny