Re: [genchatfriends] Tools for use in Genealogicalical work...

  • GrammyGoose
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 5, 2012
      Most scanners that have to SLIDE or ROLL across old documents are NOT permitted in libraries or archives, due to the fact they may damage the documents. The FlipPal scanner is, however allowed in most of these repositories. It is best to check ahead to be sure the repository you are going to allows scanning equipment of any kind brought in and used.
      I have the FlipPal & love it, as it operates on 4 regular or rechargable AA batteries and is lightweight!
    • Jthrly@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 6, 2012
        I have the vupoint magic wand. It comes with a 4 GB sdhc and USB cord to
        download it to your PC. Check out HSC TV for a video on it. It will also
        cscan pictures behind glass well and you sure do not want someone to take
        them out as most as stuck to the glass.

        http://www.hsn.com/vupoint-video_at-3845_xa.aspx?c=1&cm_sp=PD*vuPoint*video