Rootstech 2012

  • Stan Arney
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 5, 2012
      For those of you, like myself, that was unable to go.

      http://rootstech.org/

      http://rootstech.org/live

      The
      3 day event, which was held February 2-4, 2012, i.e. ended yesterday,
      can be viewed online, if you are willing to do so, at this time they
      have "recaps" of each day (Thursday, Friday, Saturday).  That are viewed
      in real time, over several hours.

      Check out their website, for more information.

      You will be updated on the new genealogy technology that is coming and in the process of development, etc.

      Stan

    • Brenda
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 5, 2012
        Thanks, Stan.

         Brenda Jenkins Kleager

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 15, 2012
          i have a friend who is a writer.  she tells all of us that when we write something make a copy and send it to yourself that way it will have a date on it.  also on the front of the envelope write what the envelope contains then file it unopened then if you have any problems take it into court unopened and let the judge open it.  she does this with any change in her book or rewrite that way she has proof it is her writing.   this came in handy when another so called author ripped off a series that she writes.  she changed names etc but basically it was her series and the judge found in her favor.  this works  with drawings and anything that you want to protect from being stolen.

          Dee H.
          genluver_2@...

          I cannot breathe life into you I can only be.

          ________________________________
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 15, 2012
            You're friend is using the old, less secure means of claiming authorship of
            literary works, music, intellectual rights, etc.

            Here's some Q & A on it:
            http://www.socan.ca/jsp/en/pub/music_users/copyright_law.jsp

            You can copyright songs in groups and it costs less. I don't know about
            writings.

            Anny

            *
            *