Downloads from Ancestry.com?

  • Brenda
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 21, 2011
      Hi to everyone. I'm new as of today. I've read through some of the recents posts to get a feel for the group.

      This issue has probably been covered here a zillion times, but....... I have made the mistake of entering all new (and old) genealogy research information from various sources onto my Ancestry.com family tree. I know how to upload info. from my Legacy software, but is there a way to do the opposite: to download from Ancestry to Legacy? The thought of re-entering all of the research just makes me sick. I called Ancestry.com and after a couple of people there were consulted, they told me that I could not do that at this time. Has anyone figured out a way around this????

       Brenda Jenkins Kleager

    • Brenda
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 28, 2011
        Thanks so much. Yes, I did figure out how to do that and made the transfer successfully - even though Ancestry told me it was "not possible at this time." Grrrrrr.... Anyway, I had a glass of wine that night to celebrate! LOL

         Brenda Jenkins Kleager