Clyde Ross Photos- Found.

  • mark_f_rabideau
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 31, 2011
      If you know of anyone related to and/or seeking images of a young Clyde Ross born in Cambridge Illinois, USA in the year 1896, we have 5 original photos of Clyde. The photos show Clyde at the ages of 3 months through 7 years (approx.).

      You may view thumbnails of the images here:
      http://www.many-roads.com/?p=9411

      ...mark
    • Jthrly@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 31, 2011
        Hope you can find some of the family.

        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 31, 2011
          Do you know if Clyde had relatives in Waukesha County,WI with the ROSS surname? I have several of them.

          12 is 3x better than 4!

          Packers FTW in 2011!

          YOOHOO! I'll make ya famous!-Billy The Kid "Young Guns 2"

          To: genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com
          From: Jthrly@...
          Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 16:43:45 -0400
          Subject: Re: [genchatfriends] Clyde Ross Photos- Found.

          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 31, 2011
            Is there a way to view them other than as thumbnails?

            I know some Ross' from the 80's who lived in northern NV and northern CA.
            Maybe they would know who this is.

            Thanks

            Anny

            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 31, 2011
              love the pictures !

              wished I could find pictures of my ancestors too :( not sure id ever find some, let alone have i even tried to... i got a few from my mother and her parents when she got married in 1959 and thats it :(

              To: genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com
              From: Jthrly@...
              Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 16:43:45 -0400

              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 31, 2011
                I am working on this now and have some pictures from the mid 1800's of my
                father's people. First thing I did was go back to my father's family and
                found pictures of all his brothers and sisters from their children. My
                father was born in 1916. I also was able to find a group school picture with
                4 of his brothers and sister's in. All the kids had sweaters or coats but
                none had shoes on. While doing this, I found a picture of my father's
                grandmother that one of my cousin''s had. Her mother had been named for her
                grandmother and her daughter had the picture and it was an 8 X 10. From that
                picture, I went back to find the names and information on all her children,
                there was 9 and started to hunt their pictures. So far I have all but one.
                Look for the oldest child and check to see if they have any pictures of the
                family. Another thing I learned is to offer to paid for them to have "copies
                of the pictures made. They willl not want to loan them to you. Also, tell
                them if they have one of the old pictures in a frame, do not attempt to
                remove it because a lot of them are stuck to the glass frame. If you have a
                digital camera, take a picture of the picture in the frame from straight on,
                then one from each side. Usually at least one of them will be usable with
                shadows on it. Another thing I learned is to check with the oldest daughter
                or her family. Usually that is who received the family pictures on the death
                of the mother. Good luck.

                To: genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com
                From: Jthrly@...
                Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 16:43:45 -0400

                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 1, 2011
                  Hi Leann

                  Unfortunately our knowledge of Clyde Ross is scant. Everything we know
                  was discovered from the photos themselves. So basically the town &
                  photographer where the photos were taken and Clyde's name from labeling
                  on the backs of the images.
                  --
                  Pax Vobiscum,
                  ...mark (Mark Rabideau)

                  Visit us at: http://many-roads.com Twitter: @eirenicon
                  Snail mail at: 711 Nob Hill Trail - Franktown,CO USA - 80116-8717
                  phone:+1.303.660.9400 fax:
                  +1.303.660.9217
                  member: Association of Professional Genealogists & National Genealogical
                  Society
                  "It’s always useful to know where a friend-and-relation is, whether you
                  want him or whether you don’t."

                  Rabbit, Pooh’s Little Instruction Book (Winnie the Pooh)

                  From: Jthrly@...
                  Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 16:43:45 -0400

                  Hope you can find some of the family.

                    If you know of anyone related to and/or seeking images of a young Clyde
                    Ross
                    born in Cambridge Illinois, USA in the year 1896, we have 5 original
                    photos
                    of Clyde. The photos show Clyde at the ages of 3 months through 7 years
                    (approx.).

                    You may view thumbnails of the images here:
                    http://www.many-roads.com/?p=9411

                    ...mark

                  • Bloodhound; Kermit
                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 1, 2011
                      We can deduce and derive some information about Clyde Ross -

                      Cambridge IL is the county seat of Henry County IL;
                      there are three CLYDE ROSS in 1900 Illinois born 1896+/-2,
                      and one is in Cambridge IL -

                      1900 Cambridge, Henry, Illinois
                      Ross, A J/29:IL:NY:NY, Mrs A J/29:IL:NY:NY, married 6 yrs, 1 child,
                      (), Clyde A/4:IL/born:Jan1896

                      1910 Cambridge, Henry, Illinois
                      Ross, A J/39:IL:NY:NY, Ella M/39:IL:NY:NY,
                      - married 17 years, 5 children 3 living,
                      (), Clyde/15, Chapin/7, Everett/1

                      1920 Cambridge, Henry, Illinois
                      Ross, Austin/49:IL:NY:NY, Ella M/48:IL:NY:NY,
                      (), Clyde A/23, H Chapele/17, Everette A/11

                      There are three CLYDE ROSS born Illinois 1896+/-2,
                      presumably the same three as in the 1900 census above:
                      one moved to SD, one moved to IA, and one stayed home:
                      Name: Clyde A Ross
                      Address: Cambridge, Henry, Illinois
                      Birthplace: Cambridge, Illinois
                      Birth Date: 6 Jan 1896
                      Race: Caucasian (White)
                      FHL Roll Number: 1613520
                      Farm Laborer, Single

                      U.S. World War II Draft Registration
                      Name: Clyde Arling Ross
                      Birth Date: 6 Jan 1896
                      Birth Place: Cambridge, Illinois
                      Residence: 319 N. Crown, Princeton, Illinois

                      Social Security Death Index
                      Name: Clyde A. Ross
                      SSN: 357-36-6588 issued: Illinois (1961-1962)
                      Born: 6 Jan 1896 - Died: 25 Jun 1984

                      In 1930, there happens to be a Clyde Ross (b.1896) in Henry Cnty IL:
                      1930 Weller, Henry, Illinois
                      Ross, Clyde/34, Harriet/27, Howard/3, Dorothey/2, Clyde/9m

                      There are three (3) RootsWeb WorldConnect Trees for Clyde Arling Ross:
                      <http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=Search&includedb=&lang=en&ti=&surname=ROSS&stype=Exact&given=CLYDE&bplace=CAMBRIDGE&byear=1896&brange=0&dplace=&dyear=&drange=0&mplace=&myear=&mrange=0&father=&mother=&spouse=&skipdb=&period=All&submit.x=Search>
                      father: Austin Jerome Ross
                      mother: Ella May Chapin

                      There appears to be one Ancestry.com Public Member Tree
                      http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/14062327/person/49687208?ssrc=
                      and one Private Member Tree
                      http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/RequestTreeAccess.aspx?tid=4180922&pid=-1641665841

                      - Tom Knox ("Bloodhound")

                      --- In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com, Mark F Rabideau <genealogy@...> wrote:

                      > Hi Leann
                      >
                      > Unfortunately our knowledge of Clyde Ross is scant. Everything we know was discovered from the photos themselves. So basically the town & photographer where the photos were taken and Clyde's name from labeling on the backs of the images.
                      > --
                      > Pax Vobiscum,
                      > ...mark (Mark Rabideau)
                      >

                      > From: mark_f_rabideau
                      > Date: 7/31/2011 4:31:56 PM
                      > To: genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com
                      > Subject: [genchatfriends] Clyde Ross Photos- Found.
                      >
                      > If you know of anyone related to and/or seeking images of a young Clyde Ross born in Cambridge Illinois, USA in the year 1896, we have 5 original photos of Clyde. The photos show Clyde at the ages of 3 months through 7 years (approx.).
                      >
                      > You may view thumbnails of the images here:
                      > http://www.many-roads.com/?p=9411
                      >
                      > ...mark

                    • Mark F Rabideau
                      Message 10 of 10 , Aug 1, 2011
                        Hi Tom

                        Yes that is what we found as well. We assume ours to be Clyde A Ross
                        simply because of where the photos were taken.