Family Website and Large Brickwall

  • ssmims63
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2011
      Good afternoon to the Group
      I thought I would post my information. I have a very extensive family website with over 5000 surnames. So far there are over 2000 scanned original documents, 1300 photos, and over 1000 headstone photos. The areas of the USA included on the site are: KY, VA, TN,MO, NC, PA, OH, IL, OK, TX, and more. I inherited most of the items from both my paternal and maternal family lines, and still have 1000's more to add to the site. All is free to use, but I ask that no one post any of it onto Ancestry, as our goal is to keep everything free.

      Our one main brickwall has to do with 4 Dulaney brothers. They were: George,Edward, Davis B., and Mack Booker Dulaney. We have records for Davis and Mack Dulaney who were born in VA in 1808 and 1816 respectively. Family history states that they went to Caswell County NC to live with an Uncle Sterling Gunn after they were orphaned. As this group knows he and his family line are well documented, but after
      40 years of research by my grandmother, mother, and myself, we still cannot prove any relationship with this Gunn family. We can find nothing about them before 1830 in Caswell NC. They both married daughters of William and Elizabeth Minor Gordon, and migrated to Calloway and Graves Counties KY. We have throughly exhausted the Caswell records, and don't know which county in VA they
      were from. I have also researched each Dulaney family on the 1820 and 1830 VA census records to no avail. We have the family Bible of both of these brothers,but there is no mention of their parents in either.

      Here is the link to the site:
      http://morethanjustacemetery.com/index.php

      If there are any connections with anyone out there, or if anyone has any insight or help with our 40 year old brickwall, I would love to hear from you,
      Stacy