Re: [genchatfriends] Re: How can I get others involved

  • Judy Grundy
    Message 1 of 31 , Nov 16, 2010
      You should have put quotes around accurate!  I've only been researching ancestors about three years now but I have had some very good mentors, teachers, and great workshops. It has been pounded in my head documentation, documentation, documentation.
      I have sent emails asking folks where they got their info and most of the time it will have been copied from some other tree without any source documents. So for the most part I don't even bother with it anymore. I rather spend my time doing my own research.
      On a brighter note, recently I visited with an aunt by marriage to my dad's older brother. I am still trying to find that brickwall great grandfather so I was trying to get any little tidbit of information. My cousin (my aunt's daughter) was there, her daughter came and the cousin's daughter brought her son who is only 14 but is fascinated with genealogy. Looks like maybe our family will have some one to carry on the work. It sure past my kids by.
      Judy

      Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

      Message 31 of 31 , Jan 1, 2011
        Oh my – colorful family members : )) How fun to learn about them.

        Anny

        From: Joseph <ragweed@... <mailto:ragweed%40e-pops.org> >
        To: genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com <mailto:genealogychatfriends%40yahoogroups.com>
        Date: Friday, December 31, 2010, 4:54 PM

        Ann, you are absolutely precious...

        I found my family has Israeli connections. found our last name comes from an
        Ashkenazi Jew background. On my mothers side, there's also some ties to Judah
        and Levi. I'm just a Jack of all nations and a purity of none... <G><