Re: Follow up to Jennys reply concerning How can I get others involv

  • Diane Wampole
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 16, 2010
      Hi all,

      This is a great question. One of the things that I did was I composed a letter using mail merge to every family member that I had an address and sent them this letter. The letter introduced myself and explained what I was doing and why I was writing to them. I also enclose a blank pedigree chart and asked them to fill it out with as much information as possible. The response to my inquirey was mixed. Some family members never responded, some thankfully did respond with new information and a couple actually telephoned me and we talked while I took notes. In my letter I made sure that I was polite, thankful and made sure to include my address, telephone number and email address. I would say the endever was fairly successful. Hope this helps.

      Warmest regards,
      Diane