Ancestry.ca Question

  • Cathy Drappier
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 6, 2010
      Hello everyone, I'm having some difficulty here and I'm sure you guys
      can help me out:

      I've been searching for immigration records for my and my husbands
      ancestors and keep getting stumped by Ancestry.ca's' search feature.
      I have entered the year of arrival into Canada for my husbands
      grandmother and the search gives me results that are nowhere near the
      dates I've used.

      I don't have a paid subscription to Ancestry so I'm not sure if
      that's a problem. I'm thinking it should give me results at least in
      an approximate date range when I've input a specific year. Is it
      just me or is this a frustrating search engine? Any searching tips
      you may be able to provide a newbie??

      Thanks!
      Cathy
    • GrammyGoose
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 8, 2010
        --- In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com, Cathy Drappier <cdrappier@...> wrote:

        > Hello everyone, I'm having some difficulty here and I'm sure you guys
        > can help me out:
        >
        > I've been searching for immigration records for my and my husbands
        > ancestors and keep getting stumped by Ancestry.ca's' search feature.
        > I have entered the year of arrival into Canada for my husbands
        > grandmother and the search gives me results that are nowhere near the
        > dates I've used.

        Yes, Cathy, their search engines are difficult unless you use the EXACT search method for a specific date/name. Also, unless you are on a FREE Trial with that database useable for free, you probably will not be able to see the exact pages. Post the dates and names with a request for someone here to help and you will probably get several members look fo you, and get some answers...
      • thirteenball2002
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 10, 2010
          Are you using the New search Bar...or the old one?
          Old one is better...