Re: Looking for missing info on relatives: Arthur LIZER

  • Bloodhound; Kermit
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 1, 2010
      > Person 3 (Arthur William Lizer):
      > Husband: Arthur William Lizer
      > Date born: Abt. 1890 in Kansas

      Taking your list in reverse -
      3) Arthur William LIZER -

      1930 Beaumont, Riverside, CA
      Lizer, Arthur W, head 43 married at age 25 born KS:PA:VT farmer
      (), Clara L, wife 34 married at age 17 born MN:MN:MN
      (), Arthur W/17:CA, Jack/15:CA, Marjora A/13:CA

      1920 Los Angeles Assembly District 66, Los Angeles, CA
      Lizer, Arthur W/32:KS:KS:KS, Clara S/24:MN:KS:WI,
      (), Arthur W/7:CA, Jack/5:CA, Margery A/3:CA

      1910 Ballona, Los Angeles, CA
      Lizer, Ann N, head 60 widow born OH:OH:OH, 8 children 4 living
      (), Arthur W, son 23 D* born KS:PA:OH
      NOTE: Arthur's marital status "D"? Divorced at age 23?

      1900 Greenleaf, Washington, Kansas
      Lizer, Nancy, head 50 widow born Mar 1850 OH:OH:OH, 8 child. 4 liv.
      (), Olive A/24:KS/dau/waitress, Oscar/23:KS/son/farmer,
      (), Arthur W, son 13 born Feb 1887 KS:PA:OH

      Name: Arthur William Lizer
      Address: Los Angeles Los Angeles California
      Birthplace: Kansas
      Birth Date: 10 Feb 1887
      Race: Caucasian (White)
      FHL Roll Number: 1530909
      Dependents: Married, Wife and three children
      ====
      Name: Oscar Thomas Lizer
      Address: Los Angeles Los Angeles California
      Birth Date: 13 Oct 1876
      Race: White
      FHL Roll Number: 1530909
      Nearest Relative: Maud B Lizer

      California Death Index, 1940-1997
      Name: Arthur W Lizer
      Social Security #: 571104135
      Birth Date: 10 Feb 1887
      Birthplace: Kansas
      Death Date: 6 Jul 1969
      Death Place: Riverside
      Mother's Maiden Name: Collins
      ====
      Name: Oscar Thomas Lizer
      Social Security #: 0
      Birth Date: 13 Oct 1879
      Birthplace: Kansas
      Death Date: 30 Sep 1946
      Death Place: Ventura
      Father's Surname: Lizer

      1880 Corinth, Osborne, Kansas
      Lozer, William, head 48 married born PA:PA:PA Farmer
      (), Nancy E, wife 30 married born IN:OH:OH
      (), Cassius S/13:KS, Rachel E/8, Olive W/4, Oscar T/3, Ida N/7m

      1885 Corinth, Osborne, Kansas (state census)
      Leizer, William/52:PA, Nancy A/34:OH, (both came from Iowa)
      (), Rchael E/12:KS, Olive A/9, Oscar/8

      I don't know if this next one is the proper match,
      but it "kinda" fits -
      1870 Shirley, Cloud, Kansas
      Elizer, William/36:PA/farmer, Nancy/20:OH,
      (), Cassius/3:IA, Aaron/11:IL, Mary/8:IL
      NOTE: either Nancy is second wife (mother to Cassius),
      or Aaron and Mary are not children to William - not sure which.

      - Tom Knox

      --- In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com, "Natuernut" <natuernut@...> wrote:

      > Ok, thanks. Here is what I'm looking for and what I have. I have 3 people I'm looking for their parents and and siblings and children they might have had beyond what I have, any specific dates are always welcome. (I'll give the information I have as it's entered in my Family Tree Maker file.)
      >
      > Person 1 (Madge McDermed):
      >
      > Husband: Lee Forest Wells (I have his parents' names and birth months, years and states)
      > Date born: October 07, 1892 in Broken Bow, Custer, Nebraska, USA
      >
      > Wife: Madge McDermed (I'm looking for better dates, siblings' info and parents' info)
      > Date born: Abt. 1886 in California, USA
      >
      > Married: Abt. 1919
      >
      > Children:
      > Robert Llewellyn Wells Male (Born)October 27, 1920
      > (This is my paternal grandfather and I have his wife and children)
      >

      > Person 2 (James Fletcher Applegate):
      >
      > Husband: James Fletcher Applegate (I'm looking for any dates, siblings' info and parents' info)
      >
      > Wife: Edith Josephine Reed (I have her parents' names and birth/death dates, cities, and states.)
      >
      > Children:
      > Betty Leone Applegate Female (Born)November 26, 1920
      > (This is my paternal grandmother, married to Robert Llewellyn Wells.)
      >

      > Person 3 (Arthur William Lizer):
      >
      > Husband: Arthur William Lizer (I'm looking for better dates, siblings' info and parents' info)
      > Date born: Abt. 1890 in Kansas
      >
      > Wife: Clara Lena Goeringer
      > Date born: Abt. 1895 in Minnesota
      >
      > Married: December 21, 1911 in Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California, USA
      >
      > Children:
      > Marjorie Ann Lizer Female (Born)June 01, 1916
      > This is my maternal grandmother and I have her husband and children.)
      > Arthur Lizer Male
      > Jack Lizer Male
      >

      > As you can probably guess I'm working on filling in missing info on my pedigree chart. I have some of the missing info for the other great-grandparents but not these three. Thank you in advance for any help and missing info you can give me.

    • Bloodhound; Kermit
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 1, 2010
        I'm not sure about nailing this family down -
        would you please specify a state or some other piece of info?

        Is this James? But the wife's name is Minnie -
        Name: James Fletcher Applegate
        Address: Delight Pike Arkansas
        Birth Date: 27 Aug 1879
        Race: White
        Occupation: Farming
        Nearest Relative: Minnie Applegate
        1910 Saline, Pike, Arkansas
        Applegate, James F/28, Minnie/23, Eva B/4, Ethel/8m

        Or is this Edith & Betty Leone? But the husband is not James -
        1930 Salt Lake City, Salt Lake, Utah
        Applegate, George A/31:IL, Edythe J/29:UT:MO:NV, (married 12 yrs)
        (), Betty L/10:UT, Dorothy M/9, Jacqueline V/6

        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 1, 2010
          Q: do you have a death-date for Madge?
          Is her 'proper' forename Margaret, or is it really Madge?

          First, to find Madge with her husband -
          1930 Novato, Marin, CA
          Wells, Lee F/36:NE:IL:NE, Madge J/31:CA:CA:CA, Robert L/9:NE:NE:CA
          1920 Broken Bow, Custer, Nebraska
          Wells, Lee F/27:NE:WI:IA, Madge/21:CA:CA:Canada

          From these, it looks like she was born ca.1899 !
          Hmm - how did Madge (born CA) wind up in Nebraska in 1920?

          - Tom Knox

          --- In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com, "Natuernut" <natuernut@...> wrote:

          > Ok, thanks. Here is what I'm looking for and what I have. I have 3 people I'm looking for their parents and and siblings and children they might have had beyond what I have, any specific dates are always welcome. (I'll give the information I have as it's entered in my Family Tree Maker file.)
          >
          > Person 1 (Madge McDermed):
          > Husband: Lee Forest Wells (I have his parents' names and birth months, years and states)
          > Date born: October 07, 1892 in Broken Bow, Custer, Nebraska, USA
          > Wife: Madge McDermed (I'm looking for better dates, siblings' info and parents' info)
          > Date born: Abt. 1886 in California, USA
          > Married: Abt. 1919
          > Children:
          > Robert Llewellyn Wells Male (Born)October 27, 1920
          > (This is my paternal grandfather and I have his wife and children)
          >
          > ... ...
          >
          > As you can probably guess I'm working on filling in missing info on my pedigree chart. I have some of the missing info for the other great-grandparents but not these three. Thank you in advance for any help and missing info you can give me.
        • Natuernut
          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 2, 2010
            Sadly no, what I posted is all I have on her. I got the info on these three people from a relative. I'll try to find out more from them, if I can remember who it was since it's been a long time since I added info on these three, but I don't know if they'll have more for me or not.

            Message 5 of 16 , Aug 3, 2010
              > 1910 Broken Bow, Custer, Nebraska
              > Wells, Llewellyn A/51:WI:NH:NH, Helen L/44:IA:Ger:IN,
              > (), Lee F/17:NE:WI:IA

              observation: I'm not finding Madge McDermed.
              observation: birthplaces for Lee Wells agree in 1910 & 1920.
              hypothesis: birthplaces in 1920 transcript appear to be accurate.
              deduction: birthplaces CA:CA:Canada are probably correct for Madge.
              further observation: Madge is often a nickname for Margaret.

              Which makes this 1910 a possible match -
              yeah, okay, the age doesn't quite match -
              1910 Los Angeles Assembly District 71, Los Angeles, California
              (in the household of Clara W Donner/74 and Clara R Donner/54)
              McDermed, Margaret A/roomer/14:CA:CA:Canada

              Which also makes this 1900 a possible match to the 1910 -
              1900 Eden, Alameda, California
              McDermed, Joseph E, head 31 married 6 yrs born Feb 1869 CA:MO:Ireland
              (), Lydia M, wife 31 married 6 yrs born Dec 1868 Canada:England:Eng
              (), Margaret A, daughter 4 born Aug 1895 CA:CA:Can
              (), Jennie M, daughter 2 born Feb 1898 CA:CA:Can
              Hansen, Jennie/43/servant/divorced, Lewis/21/servant

              Tenuous and circumstantial, but possible . . .

              Maybe a marriage certificate would fill some missing information.

              Message 6 of 16 , Aug 5, 2010
                My dad says he has seen Jennie Madge McDermed written somewhere, but he doesn't remember where. He said she always went by Madge. I don't know if this will help in finding info, but I want to thank you for the work you're putting into finding this stuff for me. It is greatly appreciated.

              • stacy mims
                Message 7 of 16 , Aug 5, 2010
                  I found your Madge McDermed.  When you posted this final message, I realized
                  that I had the right person.  On the 1900 census she is listed as Jennie M.
                  McDermed, and on the 1910 census, she is listed as Madge.  Her father was
                  Joseph, and her mother Lydia.  Joseph was born in CA, and Lydia in Canada.  Do
                  you have access to Ancestry?  I could only find one of Joseph and Lydia Lewis
                  McDermed's children in the CA Birth Index.  With this record  I found that Lydia
                  M. McDermed's maiden name was Lewis.  I am attaching the 1900, 1910, and 1930
                  census with this McDermed family.

                  Name:Lydia F Mcdermed
                  Birth Date:16 Apr 1907
                  Gender:Female
                  Mother's Maiden Name:Lewis
                  Birth County:Alameda
                  Name:Lydia F Mcdermed
                  Birth Date:16 Apr 1907
                  Gender:Female
                  Mother's Maiden Name:Lewis
                  Birth County:Alameda
                  Name: LydiaF Mcdermed
                  Birth Date: 16 Apr 1907
                  Gender: Female
                  Mother's Maiden Name: Lewis
                  BirthCounty: Alameda

                  If you would like for me to look for you some more, email me directly at
                  ssmims63@....  I am havng back problems right now, so I might be a little
                  slow, but I WILL get back to you.

                  Stacy

                  ________________________________

                  Message 8 of 16 , Aug 5, 2010
                    Stacy! How cool you were able to find the info! It’s not my search, but I’m so happy you put two and two together for a fellow genealogist.

                    Anny

                    ssmims63@... <mailto:ssmims63%40msn.com> . I am havng back problems right now, so I might be a little

                    --- In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com <mailto:genealogychatfriends%40yahoogroups.com> , "Bloodhound; Kermit"
                    <tomknox2001@...> wrote:

                    > > 1910 Broken Bow, Custer, Nebraska
                    > > Wells, Llewellyn A/51:WI:NH:NH, Helen L/44:IA:Ger:IN,
                    > > (), Lee F/17:NE:WI:IA
                    >
                    > observation: I'm not finding Madge McDermed.
                    > observation: birthplaces for Lee Wells agree in 1910 & 1920.
                    > hypothesis: birthplaces in 1920 transcript appear to be accurate.
                    > deduction: birthplaces CA:CA:Canada are probably correct for Madge.
                    > further observation: Madge is often a nickname for Margaret.
                    >
                    > Which makes this 1910 a possible match -
                    > yeah, okay, the age doesn't quite match -
                    > 1910 Los Angeles Assembly District 71, Los Angeles, California
                    > (in the household of Clara W Donner/74 and Clara R Donner/54)
                    > McDermed, Margaret A/roomer/14:CA:CA:Canada
                    >
                    > Which also makes this 1900 a possible match to the 1910 -
                    > 1900 Eden, Alameda, California
                    > McDermed, Joseph E, head 31 married 6 yrs born Feb 1869 CA:MO:Ireland
                    > (), Lydia M, wife 31 married 6 yrs born Dec 1868 Canada:England:Eng
                    > (), Margaret A, daughter 4 born Aug 1895 CA:CA:Can
                    > (), Jennie M, daughter 2 born Feb 1898 CA:CA:Can
                    > Hansen, Jennie/43/servant/divorced, Lewis/21/servant
                    >
                    > Tenuous and circumstantial, but possible . . .
                    >
                    > Maybe a marriage certificate would fill some missing information.
                    >
                    > - Tom Knox
                    >

                    > --- In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com <mailto:genealogychatfriends%40yahoogroups.com> , "Natuernut" <natuernut@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Sadly no, what I posted is all I have on her. I got the info on these three
                    >people from a relative. I'll try to find out more from them, if I can remember
                    >who it was since it's been a long time since I added info on these three, but I
                    >don't know if they'll have more for me or not.
                    > >

                    > > --- In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com <mailto:genealogychatfriends%40yahoogroups.com> , "Bloodhound; Kermit"
                    ><tomknox2001@> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > Q: do you have a death-date for Madge?
                    > > > Is her 'proper' forename Margaret, or is it really Madge?
                    > > >
                    > > > First, to find Madge with her husband -
                    > > > 1930 Novato, Marin, CA
                    > > > Wells, Lee F/36:NE:IL:NE, Madge J/31:CA:CA:CA, Robert L/9:NE:NE:CA
                    > > > 1920 Broken Bow, Custer, Nebraska
                    > > > Wells, Lee F/27:NE:WI:IA, Madge/21:CA:CA:Canada
                    > > >
                    > > > From these, it looks like she was born ca.1899 !
                    > > > Hmm - how did Madge (born CA) wind up in Nebraska in 1920?
                    > > >
                    > > > - Tom Knox
                    > > >

                    > > > --- In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com <mailto:genealogychatfriends%40yahoogroups.com> , "Natuernut" <natuernut@>

                    >I'm looking for their parents and and siblings and children they might have had
                    >beyond what I have, any specific dates are always welcome. (I'll give the
                    >information I have as it's entered in my Family Tree Maker file.)

                    >years and states)
                    >parents' info)

                    >pedigree chart. I have some of the missing info for the other great-grandparents
                    >but not these three. Thank you in advance for any help and missing info you can
                    >give me.

                  • stacy mims
                    Message 9 of 16 , Aug 5, 2010
                      Here are the death records for Madge McDermed's siblings:

                      Name: EdmundsonW McDermed
                      Social Security #: 568287077
                      Sex: MALE
                      Birth Date: 24 Jan 1903
                      Birthplace: California
                      Death Date: 14 Sep 1947
                      Death Place: Mendocino
                      Mother's Maiden Name: Lewis
                      Father's Surname: McDermed
                      Here's Robert'.  I don't understand why his mother's maiden name is listed as
                      Madge:

                      Name: RobertFletcherMcDermed
                      Social Security #: 549247691
                      Sex: MALE
                      Birth Date: 25 Apr 1909
                      Birthplace: California
                      Death Date: 28 May 1981
                      Death Place: San Joaquin
                      Mother's Maiden Name: Madge

                      Here is Joseph E. (probably Edmundson) McDermed's death record, in it we see
                      that his mother's maiden name was Locke:
                      Name: JosephE McDermed
                      Sex: MALE
                      Birth Date: 24 Feb 1869
                      Birthplace: California
                      Death Date: 7 Apr 1964
                      Death Place: Marin
                      Mother's Maiden Name: Locke
                      Name: JosephE McDermed
                      Sex: MALE

                      Here's Lydia's death information:

                      Name: LydiaMarymadgelew McDermed
                      [Lydia Marymadgelew Lewis]
                      Social Security #: 0
                      Sex: FEMALE
                      Birth Date: 28 Dec 1867
                      Birthplace: Canada
                      Death Date: 5 Jun 1941
                      Death Place: Marin
                      Father's Surname: Lewis

                      ________________________________

                      I foudn a tree on Ancestry that lists this Joseph as Joseph Edmundson McDermed.
                      His father is also Joseph Edmundson McDermed.  His mother is listed as Sarah
                      Locke.  The trees don't have anything about your Joseph and Lydia Lewis
                      McDermed.

                      Will look again tomorrow.
                      Stacy

                      <tomknox2001@...> wrote:

                      > > 1910 Broken Bow, Custer, Nebraska
                      > > Wells, Llewellyn A/51:WI:NH:NH, Helen L/44:IA:Ger:IN,
                      > > (), Lee F/17:NE:WI:IA
                      >
                      > observation: I'm not finding Madge McDermed.
                      > observation: birthplaces for Lee Wells agree in 1910 & 1920.
                      > hypothesis: birthplaces in 1920 transcript appear to be accurate.
                      > deduction: birthplaces CA:CA:Canada are probably correct for Madge.
                      > further observation: Madge is often a nickname for Margaret.
                      >
                      > Which makes this 1910 a possible match -
                      > yeah, okay, the age doesn't quite match -
                      > 1910 Los Angeles Assembly District 71, Los Angeles, California
                      > (in the household of Clara W Donner/74 and Clara R Donner/54)
                      > McDermed, Margaret A/roomer/14:CA:CA:Canada
                      >
                      > Which also makes this 1900 a possible match to the 1910 -
                      > 1900 Eden, Alameda, California
                      > McDermed, Joseph E, head 31 married 6 yrs born Feb 1869 CA:MO:Ireland
                      > (), Lydia M, wife 31 married 6 yrs born Dec 1868 Canada:England:Eng
                      > (), Margaret A, daughter 4 born Aug 1895 CA:CA:Can
                      > (), Jennie M, daughter 2 born Feb 1898 CA:CA:Can
                      > Hansen, Jennie/43/servant/divorced, Lewis/21/servant
                      >
                      > Tenuous and circumstantial, but possible . . .
                      >
                      > Maybe a marriage certificate would fill some missing information.
                      >
                      > - Tom Knox
                      >

                      > --- In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com, "Natuernut" <natuernut@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Sadly no, what I posted is all I have on her. I got the info on these three
                      >people from a relative. I'll try to find out more from them, if I can remember
                      >who it was since it's been a long time since I added info on these three, but I
                      >don't know if they'll have more for me or not.
                      > >

                      > > --- In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com, "Bloodhound; Kermit"
                      ><tomknox2001@> wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > Q: do you have a death-date for Madge?
                      > > > Is her 'proper' forename Margaret, or is it really Madge?
                      > > >
                      > > > First, to find Madge with her husband -
                      > > > 1930 Novato, Marin, CA
                      > > > Wells, Lee F/36:NE:IL:NE, Madge J/31:CA:CA:CA, Robert L/9:NE:NE:CA
                      > > > 1920 Broken Bow, Custer, Nebraska
                      > > > Wells, Lee F/27:NE:WI:IA, Madge/21:CA:CA:Canada
                      > > >
                      > > > From these, it looks like she was born ca.1899 !
                      > > > Hmm - how did Madge (born CA) wind up in Nebraska in 1920?
                      > > >
                      > > > - Tom Knox
                      > > >

                      > > > --- In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com, "Natuernut" <natuernut@>

                      >I'm looking for their parents and and siblings and children they might have had
                      >beyond what I have, any specific dates are always welcome. (I'll give the
                      >information I have as it's entered in my Family Tree Maker file.)

                      >years and states)
                      >parents' info)

                      >pedigree chart. I have some of the missing info for the other great-grandparents
                      >but not these three. Thank you in advance for any help and missing info you can
                      >give me.

                    • Bloodhound; Kermit
                      Message 10 of 16 , Aug 6, 2010
                        LOL! Thank you, Stacy!
                        That means that I found the right family but the wrong daughter!!
                        (in the 1900 census)
                        To "natuernut" - this has just GOT to be her!

                        > 1900 Eden, Alameda, California
                        > McDermed, Joseph E, head 31 m.6y born Feb 1869 CA:MO:Ireland
                        > (), Lydia M, wife 31 m.6y born Dec 1868 Canada:England:Eng
                        > (), Margaret A, daughter 4 born Aug 1895 CA:CA:Can
                        > (), Jennie M, daughter 2 born Feb 1898 CA:CA:Can

                        The 1910 census you refer to has surname McDermott -
                        1910 Oakland Ward 7 (Brooklyn Township), Alameda, California
                        McDermott, Joseph/41:CA:MO:MO, Lydia/41:Can:Eng:Eng,
                        - married.1 15 yrs, 7 children 7 living
                        (), Margaret M/14, Madge/12:CA:CA:Can, Sarah/8, Edmandson/7,
                        (), Jewel/5, Lydia/2, Robert/11m

                        1920 Oakland (Brooklyn Township), Alameda, California
                        McDermed, Ed/50:CA:IL:IL, Lydia/50:Can:Can:Can,
                        (), Sarah/18, Edmundson/16, Jewel/15, Lydia/12, Robert/10
                        Snodgrass, Mae/23, Lewis/21 (both single boarders)

                        1930 Alameda, Alameda, CA - 1010 Pacific Ave.
                        McDermed, Joseph E/61:CA:MO:Ireland, Lydia M/61:Can:Can:Can,
                        (), Edmundson W/27:CA:CA:Can, Lydia F/22, Robert F/20

                        Noting that, in 1900, "McDermed, Joseph E, 31 born Feb 1869" -
                        California Death Index, 1940-1997
                        Name: Joseph E McDermed
                        Birth Date: 24 Feb 1869 *** [match month+year to 1900 census]
                        Birthplace: California
                        Death Date: 7 Apr 1964
                        Death Place: Marin [County, CA]
                        Mother's Maiden Name: Locke
                        ==========
                        Name: Lydia Marymadgelew McDermed [Lydia Marymadgelew Lewis]
                        Social Security #: 0
                        Birth Date: 28 Dec 1867 *** [match month to 1900 census]
                        Birthplace: Canada
                        Death Date: 5 Jun 1941
                        Death Place: Marin
                        Father's Surname: Lewis
                        NOTE: I think the "middle name" is a concatenation
                        of "Mary Madge Lewis"

                        1880 Murray, Alameda, California
                        McDermed, J E, head 48 married Farmer born MO:KY:VA
                        (), Sarah, wife 42 married born Ireland:Ire:Ire
                        (), John C/16:CA:MO:Ire, Margret A/14, Joseph E/11, William R/8

                        - Tom Knox

                        - -- In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com, stacy mims <ssmims63@...> wrote:

                        > I found your Madge McDermed.  When you posted this final message, I realized that I had the right person.  On the 1900 census she is listed as Jennie M. McDermed, and on the 1910 census, she is listed as Madge.  Her father was Joseph, and her mother Lydia.  Joseph was born in CA, and Lydia in Canada.  Do you have access to Ancestry?  I could only find one of Joseph and Lydia Lewis McDermed's children in the CA Birth Index.  With this record  I found that Lydia M. McDermed's maiden name was Lewis.  I am attaching the 1900, 1910, and 1930 census with this McDermed family.
                        >
                        > Name:Lydia F Mcdermed
                        > Birth Date:16 Apr 1907
                        > Gender:Female
                        > Mother's Maiden Name:Lewis
                        > Birth County:Alameda
                        > Name:Lydia F Mcdermed
                        > Birth Date:16 Apr 1907
                        > Gender:Female
                        > Mother's Maiden Name:Lewis
                        > Birth County:Alameda
                        > Name: LydiaF Mcdermed
                        > Birth Date: 16 Apr 1907
                        > Gender: Female
                        > Mother's Maiden Name: Lewis
                        > BirthCounty: Alameda
                        >
                        > If you would like for me to look for you some more, email me directly at ssmims63@...  I am havng back problems right now, so I might be a little slow, but I WILL get back to you.
                        >
                        > Stacy
                        >
                        > ________________________________

                      • Bloodhound; Kermit
                        Message 11 of 16 , Aug 6, 2010
                          Just a side-story on the McDermed family -

                          Oakland Tribune (Oakland, California) 1928 > April > 15
                          (image 42 of 106)
                          CHURCH CLUB TO GIVE PLAY
                          Alameda, April 14 - Members of the Players' club of the First Congregational church, Central avenue and Chestnut street, will present their fifth annual Easter party tomorrow night.
                          Under the direction of Mrs. Georgia Lou Owen the drama "St. Claudia"(?), consisting of five scenes which take place in the courtyard of Pontius Pilate will be offered. The cast will include J. E. McDermed, Lydia McDermed, Harold Smethurst, Teddy Larsen, Marjory Mason, Dorothy Fisher, Edmundsen McDermed and Josep Borden.
                          Special numbers will be sung as part of the program by a quartette consisting of ...

                          There are numerous newspaper references (at Ancestry.com) to McDERMED in Alameda - spot-checking them finds them mostly referring to church and school (Fremont High) and school/church plays (at least one with a pic of Lydia McDermed).

                          Oakland Tribune (Oakland, California) 1905 > January > 21
                          (image 19 of 22)
                          OFFICIAL RECORDS.
                          Friday, January 20, 1905.
                          DEEDS.
                          J. E. and Lydia McDermed (wife) to W. H. Donahue, 57.43 acres beginning at point on S line county road Dublin to Livermore, distant NE ... ... Pleasanton township: $10.
                          W. H. and Annie G. Donahue (wife) to R. C. Peah, same, Pleasanton township, $10.

                          - Tom Knox

                          Message 12 of 16 , Aug 6, 2010
                            That’s so fun! I love finding old newspaper or magazine articles featuring
                            a relative. Gives a little more of a glimpse into their everyday and social
                            life.

                            Then there is the occasional article about a criminal … oh well, you can’t
                            win them all : ))

                            Anny

                            <mailto:genealogychatfriends%40yahoogroups.com> , stacy mims <ssmims63@>
                            wrote:

                            > > I found your Madge McDermed. When you posted this final message, I
                            realized that I had the right person. On the 1900 census she is listed as
                            Jennie M. McDermed, and on the 1910 census, she is listed as Madge. Her
                            father was Joseph, and her mother Lydia. Joseph was born in CA, and Lydia
                            in Canada. Do you have access to Ancestry? I could only find one of
                            Joseph and Lydia Lewis McDermed's children in the CA Birth Index. With
                            this record I found that Lydia M. McDermed's maiden name was Lewis. I am
                            attaching the 1900, 1910, and 1930 census with this McDermed family.

                            > > Name:Lydia F Mcdermed
                            > > Birth Date:16 Apr 1907
                            > > Gender:Female
                            > > Mother's Maiden Name:Lewis
                            > > Birth County:Alameda
                            > > Name:Lydia F Mcdermed
                            > > Birth Date:16 Apr 1907
                            > > Gender:Female
                            > > Mother's Maiden Name:Lewis
                            > > Birth County:Alameda
                            > > Name: LydiaF Mcdermed
                            > > Birth Date: 16 Apr 1907
                            > > Gender: Female
                            > > Mother's Maiden Name: Lewis
                            > > BirthCounty: Alameda
                            > > If you would like for me to look for you some more, email me directly at
                            ssmims63@Â I am havng back problems right now, so I might be a little slow,
                            but I WILL get back to you.