Re: Looking for missing info on relatives

  • Natuernut
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 30, 2010
      Ok, thanks. Here is what I'm looking for and what I have. I have 3 people I'm looking for their parents and and siblings and children they might have had beyond what I have, any specific dates are always welcome. (I'll give the information I have as it's entered in my Family Tree Maker file.)

      Person 1 (Madge McDermed):

      Husband: Lee Forest Wells (I have his parents' names and birth months, years and states)
      Date born: October 07, 1892 in Broken Bow, Custer, Nebraska, USA

      Wife: Madge McDermed (I'm looking for better dates, siblings' info and parents' info)
      Date born: Abt. 1886 in California, USA

      Married: Abt. 1919

      Children:
      Robert Llewellyn Wells Male (Born)October 27, 1920
      (This is my paternal grandfather and I have his wife and children)

      Person 2 (James Fletcher Applegate):

      Husband: James Fletcher Applegate (I'm looking for any dates, siblings' info and parents' info)

      Wife: Edith Josephine Reed (I have her parents' names and birth/death dates, cities, and states.)

      Children:
      Betty Leone Applegate Female (Born)November 26, 1920
      (This is my paternal grandmother, married to Robert Llewellyn Wells.)

      Person 3 (Arthur William Lizer):

      Husband: Arthur William Lizer (I'm looking for better dates, siblings' info and parents' info)
      Date born: Abt. 1890 in Kansas

      Wife: Clara Lena Goeringer
      Date born: Abt. 1895 in Minnesota

      Married: December 21, 1911 in Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California, USA

      Children:
      Marjorie Ann Lizer Female (Born)June 01, 1916
      This is my maternal grandmother and I have her husband and children.)
      Arthur Lizer Male
      Jack Lizer Male

      As you can probably guess I'm working on filling in missing info on my pedigree chart. I have some of the missing info for the other great-grandparents but not these three. Thank you in advance for any help and missing info you can give me.
    • Bloodhound; Kermit
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 1, 2010
        > Person 3 (Arthur William Lizer):
        > Husband: Arthur William Lizer
        > Date born: Abt. 1890 in Kansas

        Taking your list in reverse -
        3) Arthur William LIZER -

        1930 Beaumont, Riverside, CA
        Lizer, Arthur W, head 43 married at age 25 born KS:PA:VT farmer
        (), Clara L, wife 34 married at age 17 born MN:MN:MN
        (), Arthur W/17:CA, Jack/15:CA, Marjora A/13:CA

        1920 Los Angeles Assembly District 66, Los Angeles, CA
        Lizer, Arthur W/32:KS:KS:KS, Clara S/24:MN:KS:WI,
        (), Arthur W/7:CA, Jack/5:CA, Margery A/3:CA

        1910 Ballona, Los Angeles, CA
        Lizer, Ann N, head 60 widow born OH:OH:OH, 8 children 4 living
        (), Arthur W, son 23 D* born KS:PA:OH
        NOTE: Arthur's marital status "D"? Divorced at age 23?

        1900 Greenleaf, Washington, Kansas
        Lizer, Nancy, head 50 widow born Mar 1850 OH:OH:OH, 8 child. 4 liv.
        (), Olive A/24:KS/dau/waitress, Oscar/23:KS/son/farmer,
        (), Arthur W, son 13 born Feb 1887 KS:PA:OH

        Name: Arthur William Lizer
        Address: Los Angeles Los Angeles California
        Birthplace: Kansas
        Birth Date: 10 Feb 1887
        Race: Caucasian (White)
        FHL Roll Number: 1530909
        Dependents: Married, Wife and three children
        ====
        Name: Oscar Thomas Lizer
        Address: Los Angeles Los Angeles California
        Birth Date: 13 Oct 1876
        Race: White
        FHL Roll Number: 1530909
        Nearest Relative: Maud B Lizer

        California Death Index, 1940-1997
        Name: Arthur W Lizer
        Social Security #: 571104135
        Birth Date: 10 Feb 1887
        Birthplace: Kansas
        Death Date: 6 Jul 1969
        Death Place: Riverside
        Mother's Maiden Name: Collins
        ====
        Name: Oscar Thomas Lizer
        Social Security #: 0
        Birth Date: 13 Oct 1879
        Birthplace: Kansas
        Death Date: 30 Sep 1946
        Death Place: Ventura
        Father's Surname: Lizer

        1880 Corinth, Osborne, Kansas
        Lozer, William, head 48 married born PA:PA:PA Farmer
        (), Nancy E, wife 30 married born IN:OH:OH
        (), Cassius S/13:KS, Rachel E/8, Olive W/4, Oscar T/3, Ida N/7m

        1885 Corinth, Osborne, Kansas (state census)
        Leizer, William/52:PA, Nancy A/34:OH, (both came from Iowa)
        (), Rchael E/12:KS, Olive A/9, Oscar/8

        I don't know if this next one is the proper match,
        but it "kinda" fits -
        1870 Shirley, Cloud, Kansas
        Elizer, William/36:PA/farmer, Nancy/20:OH,
        (), Cassius/3:IA, Aaron/11:IL, Mary/8:IL
        NOTE: either Nancy is second wife (mother to Cassius),
        or Aaron and Mary are not children to William - not sure which.

        - Tom Knox

        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 1, 2010
          I'm not sure about nailing this family down -
          would you please specify a state or some other piece of info?

          Is this James? But the wife's name is Minnie -
          Name: James Fletcher Applegate
          Address: Delight Pike Arkansas
          Birth Date: 27 Aug 1879
          Race: White
          Occupation: Farming
          Nearest Relative: Minnie Applegate
          1910 Saline, Pike, Arkansas
          Applegate, James F/28, Minnie/23, Eva B/4, Ethel/8m

          Or is this Edith & Betty Leone? But the husband is not James -
          1930 Salt Lake City, Salt Lake, Utah
          Applegate, George A/31:IL, Edythe J/29:UT:MO:NV, (married 12 yrs)
          (), Betty L/10:UT, Dorothy M/9, Jacqueline V/6

          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 1, 2010
            Q: do you have a death-date for Madge?
            Is her 'proper' forename Margaret, or is it really Madge?

            First, to find Madge with her husband -
            1930 Novato, Marin, CA
            Wells, Lee F/36:NE:IL:NE, Madge J/31:CA:CA:CA, Robert L/9:NE:NE:CA
            1920 Broken Bow, Custer, Nebraska
            Wells, Lee F/27:NE:WI:IA, Madge/21:CA:CA:Canada

            From these, it looks like she was born ca.1899 !
            Hmm - how did Madge (born CA) wind up in Nebraska in 1920?

            Message 5 of 16 , Aug 2, 2010
              Sadly no, what I posted is all I have on her. I got the info on these three people from a relative. I'll try to find out more from them, if I can remember who it was since it's been a long time since I added info on these three, but I don't know if they'll have more for me or not.

              Message 6 of 16 , Aug 3, 2010
                > 1910 Broken Bow, Custer, Nebraska
                > Wells, Llewellyn A/51:WI:NH:NH, Helen L/44:IA:Ger:IN,
                > (), Lee F/17:NE:WI:IA

                observation: I'm not finding Madge McDermed.
                observation: birthplaces for Lee Wells agree in 1910 & 1920.
                hypothesis: birthplaces in 1920 transcript appear to be accurate.
                deduction: birthplaces CA:CA:Canada are probably correct for Madge.
                further observation: Madge is often a nickname for Margaret.

                Which makes this 1910 a possible match -
                yeah, okay, the age doesn't quite match -
                1910 Los Angeles Assembly District 71, Los Angeles, California
                (in the household of Clara W Donner/74 and Clara R Donner/54)
                McDermed, Margaret A/roomer/14:CA:CA:Canada

                Which also makes this 1900 a possible match to the 1910 -
                1900 Eden, Alameda, California
                McDermed, Joseph E, head 31 married 6 yrs born Feb 1869 CA:MO:Ireland
                (), Lydia M, wife 31 married 6 yrs born Dec 1868 Canada:England:Eng
                (), Margaret A, daughter 4 born Aug 1895 CA:CA:Can
                (), Jennie M, daughter 2 born Feb 1898 CA:CA:Can
                Hansen, Jennie/43/servant/divorced, Lewis/21/servant

                Tenuous and circumstantial, but possible . . .

                Maybe a marriage certificate would fill some missing information.

                Message 7 of 16 , Aug 5, 2010
                  My dad says he has seen Jennie Madge McDermed written somewhere, but he doesn't remember where. He said she always went by Madge. I don't know if this will help in finding info, but I want to thank you for the work you're putting into finding this stuff for me. It is greatly appreciated.

                • stacy mims
                  Message 8 of 16 , Aug 5, 2010
                    I found your Madge McDermed.  When you posted this final message, I realized
                    that I had the right person.  On the 1900 census she is listed as Jennie M.
                    McDermed, and on the 1910 census, she is listed as Madge.  Her father was
                    Joseph, and her mother Lydia.  Joseph was born in CA, and Lydia in Canada.  Do
                    you have access to Ancestry?  I could only find one of Joseph and Lydia Lewis
                    McDermed's children in the CA Birth Index.  With this record  I found that Lydia
                    M. McDermed's maiden name was Lewis.  I am attaching the 1900, 1910, and 1930
                    census with this McDermed family.

                    Name:Lydia F Mcdermed
                    Birth Date:16 Apr 1907
                    Gender:Female
                    Mother's Maiden Name:Lewis
                    Birth County:Alameda
                    Name:Lydia F Mcdermed
                    Birth Date:16 Apr 1907
                    Gender:Female
                    Mother's Maiden Name:Lewis
                    Birth County:Alameda
                    Name: LydiaF Mcdermed
                    Birth Date: 16 Apr 1907
                    Gender: Female
                    Mother's Maiden Name: Lewis
                    BirthCounty: Alameda

                    If you would like for me to look for you some more, email me directly at
                    ssmims63@....  I am havng back problems right now, so I might be a little
                    slow, but I WILL get back to you.

                    Stacy

                    ________________________________

                    Message 9 of 16 , Aug 5, 2010
                      Stacy! How cool you were able to find the info! It’s not my search, but I’m so happy you put two and two together for a fellow genealogist.

                      Anny

                      ssmims63@... <mailto:ssmims63%40msn.com> . I am havng back problems right now, so I might be a little

                      --- In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com <mailto:genealogychatfriends%40yahoogroups.com> , "Bloodhound; Kermit"
                      <tomknox2001@...> wrote:

                      > > 1910 Broken Bow, Custer, Nebraska
                      > > Wells, Llewellyn A/51:WI:NH:NH, Helen L/44:IA:Ger:IN,
                      > > (), Lee F/17:NE:WI:IA
                      >
                      > observation: I'm not finding Madge McDermed.
                      > observation: birthplaces for Lee Wells agree in 1910 & 1920.
                      > hypothesis: birthplaces in 1920 transcript appear to be accurate.
                      > deduction: birthplaces CA:CA:Canada are probably correct for Madge.
                      > further observation: Madge is often a nickname for Margaret.
                      >
                      > Which makes this 1910 a possible match -
                      > yeah, okay, the age doesn't quite match -
                      > 1910 Los Angeles Assembly District 71, Los Angeles, California
                      > (in the household of Clara W Donner/74 and Clara R Donner/54)
                      > McDermed, Margaret A/roomer/14:CA:CA:Canada
                      >
                      > Which also makes this 1900 a possible match to the 1910 -
                      > 1900 Eden, Alameda, California
                      > McDermed, Joseph E, head 31 married 6 yrs born Feb 1869 CA:MO:Ireland
                      > (), Lydia M, wife 31 married 6 yrs born Dec 1868 Canada:England:Eng
                      > (), Margaret A, daughter 4 born Aug 1895 CA:CA:Can
                      > (), Jennie M, daughter 2 born Feb 1898 CA:CA:Can
                      > Hansen, Jennie/43/servant/divorced, Lewis/21/servant
                      >
                      > Tenuous and circumstantial, but possible . . .
                      >
                      > Maybe a marriage certificate would fill some missing information.
                      >
                      > - Tom Knox
                      >

                      > --- In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com <mailto:genealogychatfriends%40yahoogroups.com> , "Natuernut" <natuernut@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Sadly no, what I posted is all I have on her. I got the info on these three
                      >people from a relative. I'll try to find out more from them, if I can remember
                      >who it was since it's been a long time since I added info on these three, but I
                      >don't know if they'll have more for me or not.
                      > >

                      > > --- In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com <mailto:genealogychatfriends%40yahoogroups.com> , "Bloodhound; Kermit"
                      ><tomknox2001@> wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > Q: do you have a death-date for Madge?
                      > > > Is her 'proper' forename Margaret, or is it really Madge?
                      > > >
                      > > > First, to find Madge with her husband -
                      > > > 1930 Novato, Marin, CA
                      > > > Wells, Lee F/36:NE:IL:NE, Madge J/31:CA:CA:CA, Robert L/9:NE:NE:CA
                      > > > 1920 Broken Bow, Custer, Nebraska
                      > > > Wells, Lee F/27:NE:WI:IA, Madge/21:CA:CA:Canada
                      > > >
                      > > > From these, it looks like she was born ca.1899 !
                      > > > Hmm - how did Madge (born CA) wind up in Nebraska in 1920?
                      > > >
                      > > > - Tom Knox
                      > > >

                      > > > --- In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com <mailto:genealogychatfriends%40yahoogroups.com> , "Natuernut" <natuernut@>

                      >I'm looking for their parents and and siblings and children they might have had
                      >beyond what I have, any specific dates are always welcome. (I'll give the
                      >information I have as it's entered in my Family Tree Maker file.)

                      >years and states)
                      >parents' info)

                      >pedigree chart. I have some of the missing info for the other great-grandparents
                      >but not these three. Thank you in advance for any help and missing info you can
                      >give me.

                    • stacy mims
                      Message 10 of 16 , Aug 5, 2010
                        Here are the death records for Madge McDermed's siblings:

                        Name: EdmundsonW McDermed
                        Social Security #: 568287077
                        Sex: MALE
                        Birth Date: 24 Jan 1903
                        Birthplace: California
                        Death Date: 14 Sep 1947
                        Death Place: Mendocino
                        Mother's Maiden Name: Lewis
                        Father's Surname: McDermed
                        Here's Robert'.  I don't understand why his mother's maiden name is listed as
                        Madge:

                        Name: RobertFletcherMcDermed
                        Social Security #: 549247691
                        Sex: MALE
                        Birth Date: 25 Apr 1909
                        Birthplace: California
                        Death Date: 28 May 1981
                        Death Place: San Joaquin
                        Mother's Maiden Name: Madge

                        Here is Joseph E. (probably Edmundson) McDermed's death record, in it we see
                        that his mother's maiden name was Locke:
                        Name: JosephE McDermed
                        Sex: MALE
                        Birth Date: 24 Feb 1869
                        Birthplace: California
                        Death Date: 7 Apr 1964
                        Death Place: Marin
                        Mother's Maiden Name: Locke
                        Name: JosephE McDermed
                        Sex: MALE

                        Here's Lydia's death information:

                        Name: LydiaMarymadgelew McDermed
                        [Lydia Marymadgelew Lewis]
                        Social Security #: 0
                        Sex: FEMALE
                        Birth Date: 28 Dec 1867
                        Birthplace: Canada
                        Death Date: 5 Jun 1941
                        Death Place: Marin
                        Father's Surname: Lewis

                        ________________________________

                        I foudn a tree on Ancestry that lists this Joseph as Joseph Edmundson McDermed.
                        His father is also Joseph Edmundson McDermed.  His mother is listed as Sarah
                        Locke.  The trees don't have anything about your Joseph and Lydia Lewis
                        McDermed.

                        Will look again tomorrow.
                        Stacy

                        <tomknox2001@...> wrote:

                        > > 1910 Broken Bow, Custer, Nebraska
                        > > Wells, Llewellyn A/51:WI:NH:NH, Helen L/44:IA:Ger:IN,
                        > > (), Lee F/17:NE:WI:IA
                        >
                        > observation: I'm not finding Madge McDermed.
                        > observation: birthplaces for Lee Wells agree in 1910 & 1920.
                        > hypothesis: birthplaces in 1920 transcript appear to be accurate.
                        > deduction: birthplaces CA:CA:Canada are probably correct for Madge.
                        > further observation: Madge is often a nickname for Margaret.
                        >
                        > Which makes this 1910 a possible match -
                        > yeah, okay, the age doesn't quite match -
                        > 1910 Los Angeles Assembly District 71, Los Angeles, California
                        > (in the household of Clara W Donner/74 and Clara R Donner/54)
                        > McDermed, Margaret A/roomer/14:CA:CA:Canada
                        >
                        > Which also makes this 1900 a possible match to the 1910 -
                        > 1900 Eden, Alameda, California
                        > McDermed, Joseph E, head 31 married 6 yrs born Feb 1869 CA:MO:Ireland
                        > (), Lydia M, wife 31 married 6 yrs born Dec 1868 Canada:England:Eng
                        > (), Margaret A, daughter 4 born Aug 1895 CA:CA:Can
                        > (), Jennie M, daughter 2 born Feb 1898 CA:CA:Can
                        > Hansen, Jennie/43/servant/divorced, Lewis/21/servant
                        >
                        > Tenuous and circumstantial, but possible . . .
                        >
                        > Maybe a marriage certificate would fill some missing information.
                        >
                        > - Tom Knox
                        >

                        > --- In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com, "Natuernut" <natuernut@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Sadly no, what I posted is all I have on her. I got the info on these three
                        >people from a relative. I'll try to find out more from them, if I can remember
                        >who it was since it's been a long time since I added info on these three, but I
                        >don't know if they'll have more for me or not.
                        > >

                        > > --- In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com, "Bloodhound; Kermit"
                        ><tomknox2001@> wrote:
                        > > >
                        > > > Q: do you have a death-date for Madge?
                        > > > Is her 'proper' forename Margaret, or is it really Madge?
                        > > >
                        > > > First, to find Madge with her husband -
                        > > > 1930 Novato, Marin, CA
                        > > > Wells, Lee F/36:NE:IL:NE, Madge J/31:CA:CA:CA, Robert L/9:NE:NE:CA
                        > > > 1920 Broken Bow, Custer, Nebraska
                        > > > Wells, Lee F/27:NE:WI:IA, Madge/21:CA:CA:Canada
                        > > >
                        > > > From these, it looks like she was born ca.1899 !
                        > > > Hmm - how did Madge (born CA) wind up in Nebraska in 1920?
                        > > >
                        > > > - Tom Knox
                        > > >

                        > > > --- In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com, "Natuernut" <natuernut@>

                        >I'm looking for their parents and and siblings and children they might have had
                        >beyond what I have, any specific dates are always welcome. (I'll give the
                        >information I have as it's entered in my Family Tree Maker file.)

                        >years and states)
                        >parents' info)

                        >pedigree chart. I have some of the missing info for the other great-grandparents
                        >but not these three. Thank you in advance for any help and missing info you can
                        >give me.

                      • Bloodhound; Kermit
                        Message 11 of 16 , Aug 6, 2010
                          LOL! Thank you, Stacy!
                          That means that I found the right family but the wrong daughter!!
                          (in the 1900 census)
                          To "natuernut" - this has just GOT to be her!

                          > 1900 Eden, Alameda, California
                          > McDermed, Joseph E, head 31 m.6y born Feb 1869 CA:MO:Ireland
                          > (), Lydia M, wife 31 m.6y born Dec 1868 Canada:England:Eng
                          > (), Margaret A, daughter 4 born Aug 1895 CA:CA:Can
                          > (), Jennie M, daughter 2 born Feb 1898 CA:CA:Can

                          The 1910 census you refer to has surname McDermott -
                          1910 Oakland Ward 7 (Brooklyn Township), Alameda, California
                          McDermott, Joseph/41:CA:MO:MO, Lydia/41:Can:Eng:Eng,
                          - married.1 15 yrs, 7 children 7 living
                          (), Margaret M/14, Madge/12:CA:CA:Can, Sarah/8, Edmandson/7,
                          (), Jewel/5, Lydia/2, Robert/11m

                          1920 Oakland (Brooklyn Township), Alameda, California
                          McDermed, Ed/50:CA:IL:IL, Lydia/50:Can:Can:Can,
                          (), Sarah/18, Edmundson/16, Jewel/15, Lydia/12, Robert/10
                          Snodgrass, Mae/23, Lewis/21 (both single boarders)

                          1930 Alameda, Alameda, CA - 1010 Pacific Ave.
                          McDermed, Joseph E/61:CA:MO:Ireland, Lydia M/61:Can:Can:Can,
                          (), Edmundson W/27:CA:CA:Can, Lydia F/22, Robert F/20

                          Noting that, in 1900, "McDermed, Joseph E, 31 born Feb 1869" -
                          California Death Index, 1940-1997
                          Name: Joseph E McDermed
                          Birth Date: 24 Feb 1869 *** [match month+year to 1900 census]
                          Birthplace: California
                          Death Date: 7 Apr 1964
                          Death Place: Marin [County, CA]
                          Mother's Maiden Name: Locke
                          ==========
                          Name: Lydia Marymadgelew McDermed [Lydia Marymadgelew Lewis]
                          Social Security #: 0
                          Birth Date: 28 Dec 1867 *** [match month to 1900 census]
                          Birthplace: Canada
                          Death Date: 5 Jun 1941
                          Death Place: Marin
                          Father's Surname: Lewis
                          NOTE: I think the "middle name" is a concatenation
                          of "Mary Madge Lewis"

                          1880 Murray, Alameda, California
                          McDermed, J E, head 48 married Farmer born MO:KY:VA
                          (), Sarah, wife 42 married born Ireland:Ire:Ire
                          (), John C/16:CA:MO:Ire, Margret A/14, Joseph E/11, William R/8

                          - Tom Knox

                          - -- In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com, stacy mims <ssmims63@...> wrote:

                          > I found your Madge McDermed.  When you posted this final message, I realized that I had the right person.  On the 1900 census she is listed as Jennie M. McDermed, and on the 1910 census, she is listed as Madge.  Her father was Joseph, and her mother Lydia.  Joseph was born in CA, and Lydia in Canada.  Do you have access to Ancestry?  I could only find one of Joseph and Lydia Lewis McDermed's children in the CA Birth Index.  With this record  I found that Lydia M. McDermed's maiden name was Lewis.  I am attaching the 1900, 1910, and 1930 census with this McDermed family.
                          >
                          > Name:Lydia F Mcdermed
                          > Birth Date:16 Apr 1907
                          > Gender:Female
                          > Mother's Maiden Name:Lewis
                          > Birth County:Alameda
                          > Name:Lydia F Mcdermed
                          > Birth Date:16 Apr 1907
                          > Gender:Female
                          > Mother's Maiden Name:Lewis
                          > Birth County:Alameda
                          > Name: LydiaF Mcdermed
                          > Birth Date: 16 Apr 1907
                          > Gender: Female
                          > Mother's Maiden Name: Lewis
                          > BirthCounty: Alameda
                          >
                          > If you would like for me to look for you some more, email me directly at ssmims63@...  I am havng back problems right now, so I might be a little slow, but I WILL get back to you.
                          >
                          > Stacy
                          >
                          > ________________________________

                        • Bloodhound; Kermit
                          Message 12 of 16 , Aug 6, 2010
                            Just a side-story on the McDermed family -

                            Oakland Tribune (Oakland, California) 1928 > April > 15
                            (image 42 of 106)
                            CHURCH CLUB TO GIVE PLAY
                            Alameda, April 14 - Members of the Players' club of the First Congregational church, Central avenue and Chestnut street, will present their fifth annual Easter party tomorrow night.
                            Under the direction of Mrs. Georgia Lou Owen the drama "St. Claudia"(?), consisting of five scenes which take place in the courtyard of Pontius Pilate will be offered. The cast will include J. E. McDermed, Lydia McDermed, Harold Smethurst, Teddy Larsen, Marjory Mason, Dorothy Fisher, Edmundsen McDermed and Josep Borden.
                            Special numbers will be sung as part of the program by a quartette consisting of ...

                            There are numerous newspaper references (at Ancestry.com) to McDERMED in Alameda - spot-checking them finds them mostly referring to church and school (Fremont High) and school/church plays (at least one with a pic of Lydia McDermed).

                            Oakland Tribune (Oakland, California) 1905 > January > 21
                            (image 19 of 22)
                            OFFICIAL RECORDS.
                            Friday, January 20, 1905.
                            DEEDS.
                            J. E. and Lydia McDermed (wife) to W. H. Donahue, 57.43 acres beginning at point on S line county road Dublin to Livermore, distant NE ... ... Pleasanton township: $10.
                            W. H. and Annie G. Donahue (wife) to R. C. Peah, same, Pleasanton township, $10.

                            - Tom Knox

                            Message 13 of 16 , Aug 6, 2010
                              That’s so fun! I love finding old newspaper or magazine articles featuring
                              a relative. Gives a little more of a glimpse into their everyday and social
                              life.

                              Then there is the occasional article about a criminal … oh well, you can’t
                              win them all : ))

                              Anny

                              <mailto:genealogychatfriends%40yahoogroups.com> , stacy mims <ssmims63@>
                              wrote:

                              > > I found your Madge McDermed. When you posted this final message, I
                              realized that I had the right person. On the 1900 census she is listed as
                              Jennie M. McDermed, and on the 1910 census, she is listed as Madge. Her
                              father was Joseph, and her mother Lydia. Joseph was born in CA, and Lydia
                              in Canada. Do you have access to Ancestry? I could only find one of
                              Joseph and Lydia Lewis McDermed's children in the CA Birth Index. With
                              this record I found that Lydia M. McDermed's maiden name was Lewis. I am
                              attaching the 1900, 1910, and 1930 census with this McDermed family.

                              > > Name:Lydia F Mcdermed
                              > > Birth Date:16 Apr 1907
                              > > Gender:Female
                              > > Mother's Maiden Name:Lewis
                              > > Birth County:Alameda
                              > > Name:Lydia F Mcdermed
                              > > Birth Date:16 Apr 1907
                              > > Gender:Female
                              > > Mother's Maiden Name:Lewis
                              > > Birth County:Alameda
                              > > Name: LydiaF Mcdermed
                              > > Birth Date: 16 Apr 1907
                              > > Gender: Female
                              > > Mother's Maiden Name: Lewis
                              > > BirthCounty: Alameda
                              > > If you would like for me to look for you some more, email me directly at
                              ssmims63@Â I am havng back problems right now, so I might be a little slow,
                              but I WILL get back to you.