great aunt

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 2, 2010
      Looking for information on my great aunt. Here's what I know:

      Maurine Henry - born in Cherokee, TX around 1899.

      Parents: Sam M. Henry and Parolee Lucinda Martin

      1920 - shows up on US Census living in Harris County, TX (I think she may
      have been living with my grandparents?? O. Swanson Yarbrough and Jessie
      Jewel Henry and son, Earl Macgrady Yarbrough - aged 2 ish).

      Married Fred Sheffield on Nov 9, 1921 in Houston, TX.

      I'm pretty sure she died of TB or complications from it. Don't have a date.
      She doesn't seem to show up on the 1930 US Census, so I'm thinking it was
      between 1921 and 1930.

      Anyone have anything?

      Thanks,

    • stacy mims
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 2, 2010
        Anny
        I found her death certificate, and have attached it.  She died 12 Jan 1927 in San Antonio, but was living in Houston.  She was born 3 Feb, and was 27 years old, and was listed as widowed.  And yes, she died from TB.
        Stacy

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 2, 2010
          Ann,
          I just now see that I can't add attachments to the group messages.  Email me directly at ssmims63@... and I will get you that death ceritificate.
          Stacy

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 2, 2010
            Done.

            Thanks!

            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 2, 2010
              Oh my goodness – she was widowed???!!!!!!!! Do you see a death cert for her husband, Fred Sheffield? They hadn’t been married very long.

              Maurine had an older sister who was widowed at a young age. Sad to me.

              Thanks.