family search

  • HELEN
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2010
      hi i am trying to trace my family tree
      my mothers maiden name was parfitt which can be foudn in wales and somerset
      my fahter surname is montgomery which is found mainly in scotland but we have trace hsi family back to ireland in the early 1800's.other surnames of interest are
      meridew,west,gwillim,thomas,hemsley,draper,mullard,lovjer,ormiston,black,and several others.
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2010
        I have Montgomery's, but in Scotland - and I have no specifics. Just a
        general reference. Glad you've gotten back to the 1800's in Ireland! Is
        there a chance they used to be in Scotland, but went to Ireland during a
        time of persecution? That happened to my Giffen's - some went to Ireland
        and some to America.

        Anny