RE: [genchatfriends] Charlson, Condit, Newberry, Morris, Davis, Strawn & Redman

  • Lisa Hill
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 21, 2010
      I don't know if this helps or not, but you can create a free website on Google. They have free templates that you can use. I've also had to let my Ancestry.com membership lapse for awhile, so have been entering my info on my own site. I haven't tried uploading my Family Tree Maker database, but I am fairly certain that I could save any family sheet or individual sheet, etc and simply attach that as a link in my page. I don't know if we can post links in this group, but if you want to see what I'm talking about you can go to Google Sites and search for HILLs Of The World (that's the name of my site). It is still under construction, but you can see where I've uploaded some obits, etc. It's fairly easy to work with.

      Lisa in Richmond, TX

      To: genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com
      From: tinarenea@...
      Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 18:49:00 -0600
      Subject: Re: [genchatfriends] Charlson, Condit, Newberry, Morris, Davis, Strawn & Redman

      Thanks.. guess I didn't say it right. I have computers at the house & internet. What I ment was I was using www.ancestry.com to seach & keep track of my family tree. Once my subscription ran out, I choose not to renew at that time.. Next month I'll be able to renew my subcription and the info I have found since it expired.

      Our there any good free site that you can add you family tree too? If so I'll check into it.

      Tina

    • ddisaac
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 21, 2010
        What happens if you don't type in any info, just take it from the "hints" for each member of your tree?  It isn't my info I've input, but info from other ancestry family trees.

        From: ddisaac <isaacdd2004@ yahoo.com>
        To: genealogychatfriend s@yahoogroups. com

        I forgot to mention that I am using the free 14 day trial on Ancestry to update my tree.
        I was working on a whole bunch of Bowens last night and some may belong in your tree.
        Just let me know and you can look at me tree.
        Patty

        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 21, 2010
          Thanks Lisa... I tried finding your site under google but didn't see it.

          I will look into creating my own with google. I've made several web pages for my daughters.. but never thought about making my own for my family research :)

          Tina

          To: genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 21, 2010
            Maybe I didn't make myself clear.......
            I have had to let my ancestry subscription lapse also.  When I want to work on my tree I go to the public library and use their computer and internet to work on my tree.  It's the same as using my personal computer and all the info is saved in my tree.  I'm just using someone elses equipment and connection.
            This is the first time I've used their free access trial, although it's really not free.  There is a $1.01 charge........
            Sorry if I confused anyone!

            To: genealogychatfriend s@yahoogroups. com
            From: tinarenea@sbcglobal .net
            Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 18:49:00 -0600

            Thanks.. guess I didn't say it right. I have computers at the house & internet. What I ment was I was using www.ancestry. com to seach & keep track of my family tree. Once my subscription ran out, I choose not to renew at that time.. Next month I'll be able to renew my subcription and the info I have found since it expired.

            Our there any good free site that you can add you family tree too? If so I'll check into it.

            Tina

          • John Montgomery
            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 21, 2010
              no more emails please

              ________________________________

              To: genealogychatfriend s@yahoogroups. com
              From: tinarenea@sbcglobal .net
              Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 18:49:00 -0600

              Thanks.. guess I didn't say it right. I have computers at the house & internet. What I ment was I was using www.ancestry. com to seach & keep track of my family tree. Once my subscription ran out, I choose not to renew at that time.. Next month I'll be able to renew my subcription and the info I have found since it expired.

              Our there any good free site that you can add you family tree too? If so I'll check into it.

              Tina

            • Donna Bowen
              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 21, 2010
                I was wrong on my Isaac Allen he is from LA.  Do you have any suggestions on how to find out if someone is Indian

                ________________________________
                From: Donna Bowen <donnabowen29@ yahoo.com>
                To: genealogychatfriend s@yahoogroups. com
                Date: Wednesday, January 20, 2010, 5:39 AM

                Hi everyone.. I am looking for any info on Mason Duke in grayson county texas.  Also, I am looking for info on Iassac Allen  orginally from KY and then moved to grayson county texas.I was always told he was Cherokee Indian but I cannot not find any info that supports this.

                Donna

              • thirteenball2002
                Message 7 of 16 , Feb 15, 2010
                  You didnt say what you were looking for in the way of info....
                  Census....
                  1930 ...
                  Name: Mason Duke
                  Home in 1930: Precinct 3, Grayson, Texas
                  View Map
                  Age: 60
                  Estimated birth year: abt 1870
                  Birthplace: Kentucky
                  Relation to Head of House: Head
                  Spouse's name: Clara P
                  Race: White

                  Household Members: Name Age
                  Mason Duke 60
                  Clara P Duke 60
                  Elvis Duke 16

                  1920 Census...
                  Name: Mason Duke
                  Home in 1920: Justice Precinct 6, Grayson, Texas
                  Age: 50 years
                  Estimated birth year: abt 1870
                  Birthplace: Kentucky
                  Relation to Head of House: Head
                  Spouse's name: Clara P
                  Father's Birth Place: Kentucky
                  Mother's Birth Place: Kentucky
                  Marital Status: Married
                  Race: White
                  Sex: Male
                  Home owned: Rent
                  Able to read: Yes
                  Able to Write: Yes
                  Image: 937

                  Household Members: Name Age
                  Mason Duke 50
                  Clara P Duke 50
                  Elmar O Duke 16
                  Eva J Duke 14
                  Elvis B Duke 6
                  Velma C Chaney 7

                  1910 Census...
                  Name: Maron Duke
                  [Mason Duke]
                  Age in 1910: 40
                  Estimated birth year: abt 1870
                  Birthplace: Kentucky
                  Relation to Head of House: Head
                  Father's Birth Place: Kentucky
                  Mother's Birth Place: Kentucky
                  Spouse's name: Clora P
                  Home in 1910: Justice Precinct 1, Grayson, Texas
                  Marital Status: Married
                  Race: White
                  Gender: Male

                  Household Members: Name Age
                  Maron Duke 40
                  Clora P Dake 40
                  Elmer O Dake 6
                  Iva J Dake 4
                  Willie H Star 32

                  1900 census...
                  Name: Mason Duke
                  [Massie Duke]
                  Home in 1900: Justice Precinct 1, Grayson, Texas
                  Age: 30
                  Birth Date: Oct 1869
                  Birthplace: Kentucky
                  Race: White
                  Gender: Male
                  Relationship to Head of House: Head
                  Father's Birthplace: Kentucky
                  Mother's Birthplace: Kentucky
                  Spouse's name: Claria
                  Marriage Year: 1899
                  Marital Status: Married
                  Years Married: 1
                  Residence : Justice Precinct 1 (All East of M.K.J.R. and North of Cotton Belt Rd. Excl. Sherman City), Grayson, Texas

                  Household Members: Name Age
                  Mason Duke 30
                  Claria Duke 30
                  James Duke 6
                  Irine Caugh 8
                  Lucy Caugh 7

                  1880 census..
                  Name: Mason Duke
                  Home in 1880: Renfrow, Butler, Kentucky
                  Age: 10
                  Estimated birth year: abt 1870
                  Birthplace: Kentucky
                  Relation to Head of Household: Cousin
                  Father's birthplace: Kentucky
                  Mother's birthplace: Kentucky

                  Household Members: Name Age
                  Jesse H. Embry 35
                  Martha J. Embry 33
                  Tempy F. Embry 12
                  Matelle E. Embry 10
                  Martila Embry 8
                  Carles Embry 5
                  Atlas Embry 3
                  Rosetta Embry 1M
                  Mason Duke 10

                  1870 Census...
                  Name: Mason Duke
                  Birth Year: abt 1869
                  Age in 1870: 1
                  Birthplace: Kentucky
                  Home in 1870: Cany, Grayson, Kentucky
                  Race: White
                  Gender: Male

                  Household Members: Name Age
                  J E Duke 33
                  Larisa A Duke 19
                  William Duke 16
                  John Duke 14
                  Richard Duke 12
                  Charles Duke 8
                  Mary Duke 4
                  Mason Duke 1
                  A B Baker 22

                  --- In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com, Donna Bowen <donnabowen29@...> wrote:

                  > Hi everyone.. I am looking for any info on Mason Duke in grayson county texas.  Also, I am looking for info on Iassac Allen  orginally from KY and then moved to grayson county texas.I was always told he was Cherokee Indian but I cannot not find any info that supports this.
                  >

                  > Donna

                • Donna Bowen
                  Message 8 of 16 , Feb 15, 2010
                    Thank you very much thirteenball2002. This was a hugh help. I have only been doing this for about 6 months so I am still trying to find my way around.  I hope I will be able to help someone else soon