RE: [genchatfriends] Hello group

    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 20, 2010
      Are you sure?

      That would not be good.

      Does anyone know a Bowen family who were/are foreign Christian missionaries?

      Ann

      From: ddisaac <isaacdd2004@... <mailto:isaacdd2004%40yahoo.com> >
      To: genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com <mailto:genealogychatfriends%40yahoogroups.com>

      I forgot to mention that I am using the free 14 day trial on Ancestry to update my tree.
      I was working on a whole bunch of Bowens last night and some may belong in your tree.
      Just let me know and you can look at me tree.
      Patty

      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 21, 2010
        I don't know if this helps or not, but you can create a free website on Google. They have free templates that you can use. I've also had to let my Ancestry.com membership lapse for awhile, so have been entering my info on my own site. I haven't tried uploading my Family Tree Maker database, but I am fairly certain that I could save any family sheet or individual sheet, etc and simply attach that as a link in my page. I don't know if we can post links in this group, but if you want to see what I'm talking about you can go to Google Sites and search for HILLs Of The World (that's the name of my site). It is still under construction, but you can see where I've uploaded some obits, etc. It's fairly easy to work with.

        Lisa in Richmond, TX

        To: genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com
        From: tinarenea@...
        Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 18:49:00 -0600
        Subject: Re: [genchatfriends] Charlson, Condit, Newberry, Morris, Davis, Strawn & Redman

        Thanks.. guess I didn't say it right. I have computers at the house & internet. What I ment was I was using www.ancestry.com to seach & keep track of my family tree. Once my subscription ran out, I choose not to renew at that time.. Next month I'll be able to renew my subcription and the info I have found since it expired.

        Our there any good free site that you can add you family tree too? If so I'll check into it.

        Tina

      • ddisaac
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 21, 2010
          What happens if you don't type in any info, just take it from the "hints" for each member of your tree?  It isn't my info I've input, but info from other ancestry family trees.

          Did you Know that the info you type in is then sold to others and there is a program in the program that take all info from your compu...

          Emanuel

          Hi everyone.. I am looking for any info on Mason Duke in grayson county texas.  Also, I am looking for info on Iassac Allen  orginally from KY and then moved to grayson county texas.I was always told he was Cherokee Indian but I cannot not find any info that supports this.

          Donna

          http://www.flickr com/gift/

        • Tina
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 21, 2010
            Thanks Lisa... I tried finding your site under google but didn't see it.

            I will look into creating my own with google. I've made several web pages for my daughters.. but never thought about making my own for my family research :)

            Tina

            To: genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 21, 2010
              Maybe I didn't make myself clear.......
              I have had to let my ancestry subscription lapse also.  When I want to work on my tree I go to the public library and use their computer and internet to work on my tree.  It's the same as using my personal computer and all the info is saved in my tree.  I'm just using someone elses equipment and connection.
              This is the first time I've used their free access trial, although it's really not free.  There is a $1.01 charge........
              Sorry if I confused anyone!

              To: genealogychatfriend s@yahoogroups. com
              From: tinarenea@sbcglobal .net
              Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 18:49:00 -0600

              Thanks.. guess I didn't say it right. I have computers at the house & internet. What I ment was I was using www.ancestry. com to seach & keep track of my family tree. Once my subscription ran out, I choose not to renew at that time.. Next month I'll be able to renew my subcription and the info I have found since it expired.

              Our there any good free site that you can add you family tree too? If so I'll check into it.

              Tina

            • John Montgomery
              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 21, 2010
                no more emails please

                ________________________________

                To: genealogychatfriend s@yahoogroups. com
                From: tinarenea@sbcglobal .net
                Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 18:49:00 -0600

                Thanks.. guess I didn't say it right. I have computers at the house & internet. What I ment was I was using www.ancestry. com to seach & keep track of my family tree. Once my subscription ran out, I choose not to renew at that time.. Next month I'll be able to renew my subcription and the info I have found since it expired.

                Our there any good free site that you can add you family tree too? If so I'll check into it.

                Tina

              • Donna Bowen
                Message 7 of 16 , Jan 21, 2010
                  I was wrong on my Isaac Allen he is from LA.  Do you have any suggestions on how to find out if someone is Indian

                  ________________________________
                  From: Donna Bowen <donnabowen29@ yahoo.com>
                  To: genealogychatfriend s@yahoogroups. com
                  Date: Wednesday, January 20, 2010, 5:39 AM

                  Hi everyone.. I am looking for any info on Mason Duke in grayson county texas.  Also, I am looking for info on Iassac Allen  orginally from KY and then moved to grayson county texas.I was always told he was Cherokee Indian but I cannot not find any info that supports this.

                  Donna

                • thirteenball2002
                  Message 8 of 16 , Feb 15, 2010
                    You didnt say what you were looking for in the way of info....
                    Census....
                    1930 ...
                    Name: Mason Duke
                    Home in 1930: Precinct 3, Grayson, Texas
                    View Map
                    Age: 60
                    Estimated birth year: abt 1870
                    Birthplace: Kentucky
                    Relation to Head of House: Head
                    Spouse's name: Clara P
                    Race: White

                    Household Members: Name Age
                    Mason Duke 60
                    Clara P Duke 60
                    Elvis Duke 16

                    1920 Census...
                    Name: Mason Duke
                    Home in 1920: Justice Precinct 6, Grayson, Texas
                    Age: 50 years
                    Estimated birth year: abt 1870
                    Birthplace: Kentucky
                    Relation to Head of House: Head
                    Spouse's name: Clara P
                    Father's Birth Place: Kentucky
                    Mother's Birth Place: Kentucky
                    Marital Status: Married
                    Race: White
                    Sex: Male
                    Home owned: Rent
                    Able to read: Yes
                    Able to Write: Yes
                    Image: 937

                    Household Members: Name Age
                    Mason Duke 50
                    Clara P Duke 50
                    Elmar O Duke 16
                    Eva J Duke 14
                    Elvis B Duke 6
                    Velma C Chaney 7

                    1910 Census...
                    Name: Maron Duke
                    [Mason Duke]
                    Age in 1910: 40
                    Estimated birth year: abt 1870
                    Birthplace: Kentucky
                    Relation to Head of House: Head
                    Father's Birth Place: Kentucky
                    Mother's Birth Place: Kentucky
                    Spouse's name: Clora P
                    Home in 1910: Justice Precinct 1, Grayson, Texas
                    Marital Status: Married
                    Race: White
                    Gender: Male

                    Household Members: Name Age
                    Maron Duke 40
                    Clora P Dake 40
                    Elmer O Dake 6
                    Iva J Dake 4
                    Willie H Star 32

                    1900 census...
                    Name: Mason Duke
                    [Massie Duke]
                    Home in 1900: Justice Precinct 1, Grayson, Texas
                    Age: 30
                    Birth Date: Oct 1869
                    Birthplace: Kentucky
                    Race: White
                    Gender: Male
                    Relationship to Head of House: Head
                    Father's Birthplace: Kentucky
                    Mother's Birthplace: Kentucky
                    Spouse's name: Claria
                    Marriage Year: 1899
                    Marital Status: Married
                    Years Married: 1
                    Residence : Justice Precinct 1 (All East of M.K.J.R. and North of Cotton Belt Rd. Excl. Sherman City), Grayson, Texas

                    Household Members: Name Age
                    Mason Duke 30
                    Claria Duke 30
                    James Duke 6
                    Irine Caugh 8
                    Lucy Caugh 7

                    1880 census..
                    Name: Mason Duke
                    Home in 1880: Renfrow, Butler, Kentucky
                    Age: 10
                    Estimated birth year: abt 1870
                    Birthplace: Kentucky
                    Relation to Head of Household: Cousin
                    Father's birthplace: Kentucky
                    Mother's birthplace: Kentucky

                    Household Members: Name Age
                    Jesse H. Embry 35
                    Martha J. Embry 33
                    Tempy F. Embry 12
                    Matelle E. Embry 10
                    Martila Embry 8
                    Carles Embry 5
                    Atlas Embry 3
                    Rosetta Embry 1M
                    Mason Duke 10

                    1870 Census...
                    Name: Mason Duke
                    Birth Year: abt 1869
                    Age in 1870: 1
                    Birthplace: Kentucky
                    Home in 1870: Cany, Grayson, Kentucky
                    Race: White
                    Gender: Male

                    Household Members: Name Age
                    J E Duke 33
                    Larisa A Duke 19
                    William Duke 16
                    John Duke 14
                    Richard Duke 12
                    Charles Duke 8
                    Mary Duke 4
                    Mason Duke 1
                    A B Baker 22

                    --- In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com, Donna Bowen <donnabowen29@...> wrote:

                    > Hi everyone.. I am looking for any info on Mason Duke in grayson county texas.  Also, I am looking for info on Iassac Allen  orginally from KY and then moved to grayson county texas.I was always told he was Cherokee Indian but I cannot not find any info that supports this.
                    >

                    > Donna

                  • Donna Bowen
                    Message 9 of 16 , Feb 15, 2010
                      Thank you very much thirteenball2002. This was a hugh help. I have only been doing this for about 6 months so I am still trying to find my way around.  I hope I will be able to help someone else soon