Re: [genchatfriends] Charlson, Condit, Newberry, Morris, Davis, Strawn & Redman

  • Tina
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 20, 2010
      Thanks.. guess I didn't say it right. I have computers at the house & internet. What I ment was I was using www.ancestry.com to seach & keep track of my family tree. Once my subscription ran out, I choose not to renew at that time.. Next month I'll be able to renew my subcription and the info I have found since it expired.

      Our there any good free site that you can add you family tree too? If so I'll check into it.

      Tina
      From: Tina <tinarenea@...>
      To: genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, January 20, 2010, 12:53 PM

      Hello! I've been on the group for awhile but don't think that I've posted. Because of my husband job loss I was unable to keep my membership with ancestry.com so I've kinda put everything on hold, but hoping to start back up next month.

      Working on the Condit side of my family has been easy.. the remaining family names have been a challenge.

      My Charlson family (& maiden name) came from Norway.. My great great grandfather Thomas Charlson & married his wife Johanna in Iowa & later moved to Oklahoma. Norway genelogy has been very hard however I did get lucky and met one of my ancestors that actually lives in Norway.

      Newberry ancestors from Oklahoma are said to be of indian race however I've never been able to find any proof of this.. I do know my great grandmother Ollie Mae Newberry married James A Morris. I have also been able to find who her parents & grandparents are.

      My Morris family has been in question.. not sure if I am on the right track. I know that my great grandfather is James A Morris (b. 13 Oct 1863 in TX) who died when my grandmother was only a year old on Dec 27, 1930 and buried in Rush Springs, Oklahoma. I believe his family may have been Madison Morris & mother Jane Smith... other then that I have not got much farther.

      Davis family came from TN ... James Franklin Davis (b. 1879 TN d. ? OK) he was born to Alfred Davis & Nancy J. Mitchell .... I have some info but had just really started on this side of the family when my search came to an end.

      Redman family... my great grandmother Tinnie L Redman (b. 1882 OK d. 1968 OK) married James F Davis. ... this one took awhile to find however my grandmother finally mentioned a aunt and I was able to locate a death certificate. ... Tinnies parents are John W Redman (b. 1845 Alabama d. ? OK) and Amanda E Strawn (b. 1848 Georgia d. 1922 OK) I know that James Davis passed away young but unsure at what age. His widow later married Shan Holt.
      If I have found the correct Strawn family.. Amanda Strawn's parents are James Strawn (b. 1830 d. 1860 in georgia) and Lucinda Cross (b. 20 Aug 1828 georgia d. 1885 Tx)

      I am not sure if I may have some info that someone may need, or that someone may provide to me as well.

    • Emanuel Kalamaras
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 20, 2010
        Did you Know that the info you type in is then sold to others and there is a program in the program that take all info from your compu...

        Emanuel

        From: Donna Bowen <donnabowen29@ yahoo.com>
        Subject: [genchatfriends] Hello group
        To: genealogychatfriend s@yahoogroups. com
        Date: Wednesday, January 20, 2010, 5:39 AM

        Hi everyone.. I am looking for any info on Mason Duke in grayson county texas.  Also, I am looking for info on Iassac Allen  orginally from KY and then moved to grayson county texas.I was always told he was Cherokee Indian but I cannot not find any info that supports this.

        Donna

        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 20, 2010
          Are you sure?

          That would not be good.

          Does anyone know a Bowen family who were/are foreign Christian missionaries?

          Ann

          Did you Know that the info you type in is then sold to others and there is a program in the program that take all info from your compu...

          Emanuel

          Hi everyone.. I am looking for any info on Mason Duke in grayson county texas. Also, I am looking for info on Iassac Allen orginally from KY and then moved to grayson county texas.I was always told he was Cherokee Indian but I cannot not find any info that supports this.

          Donna

        • Lisa Hill
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 21, 2010
            I don't know if this helps or not, but you can create a free website on Google. They have free templates that you can use. I've also had to let my Ancestry.com membership lapse for awhile, so have been entering my info on my own site. I haven't tried uploading my Family Tree Maker database, but I am fairly certain that I could save any family sheet or individual sheet, etc and simply attach that as a link in my page. I don't know if we can post links in this group, but if you want to see what I'm talking about you can go to Google Sites and search for HILLs Of The World (that's the name of my site). It is still under construction, but you can see where I've uploaded some obits, etc. It's fairly easy to work with.

            Lisa in Richmond, TX

            To: genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com
            From: tinarenea@...
            Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 18:49:00 -0600

            Thanks.. guess I didn't say it right. I have computers at the house & internet. What I ment was I was using www.ancestry.com to seach & keep track of my family tree. Once my subscription ran out, I choose not to renew at that time.. Next month I'll be able to renew my subcription and the info I have found since it expired.

            Our there any good free site that you can add you family tree too? If so I'll check into it.

            Tina

          • ddisaac
            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 21, 2010
              What happens if you don't type in any info, just take it from the "hints" for each member of your tree?  It isn't my info I've input, but info from other ancestry family trees.

              Did you Know that the info you type in is then sold to others and there is a program in the program that take all info from your compu...

              Emanuel

              Hi everyone.. I am looking for any info on Mason Duke in grayson county texas.  Also, I am looking for info on Iassac Allen  orginally from KY and then moved to grayson county texas.I was always told he was Cherokee Indian but I cannot not find any info that supports this.

              Donna

              http://www.flickr com/gift/

            • Tina
              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 21, 2010
                Thanks Lisa... I tried finding your site under google but didn't see it.

                I will look into creating my own with google. I've made several web pages for my daughters.. but never thought about making my own for my family research :)

                Tina

                To: genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com

                Message 7 of 16 , Jan 21, 2010
                  Maybe I didn't make myself clear.......
                  I have had to let my ancestry subscription lapse also.  When I want to work on my tree I go to the public library and use their computer and internet to work on my tree.  It's the same as using my personal computer and all the info is saved in my tree.  I'm just using someone elses equipment and connection.
                  This is the first time I've used their free access trial, although it's really not free.  There is a $1.01 charge........
                  Sorry if I confused anyone!

                  To: genealogychatfriend s@yahoogroups. com
                  From: tinarenea@sbcglobal .net
                  Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 18:49:00 -0600

                  Thanks.. guess I didn't say it right. I have computers at the house & internet. What I ment was I was using www.ancestry. com to seach & keep track of my family tree. Once my subscription ran out, I choose not to renew at that time.. Next month I'll be able to renew my subcription and the info I have found since it expired.

                  Our there any good free site that you can add you family tree too? If so I'll check into it.

                  Tina

                • John Montgomery
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jan 21, 2010
                    no more emails please

                    ________________________________

                    To: genealogychatfriend s@yahoogroups. com
                    From: tinarenea@sbcglobal .net
                    Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 18:49:00 -0600

                    Thanks.. guess I didn't say it right. I have computers at the house & internet. What I ment was I was using www.ancestry. com to seach & keep track of my family tree. Once my subscription ran out, I choose not to renew at that time.. Next month I'll be able to renew my subcription and the info I have found since it expired.

                    Our there any good free site that you can add you family tree too? If so I'll check into it.

                    Tina

                  • Donna Bowen
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jan 21, 2010
                      I was wrong on my Isaac Allen he is from LA.  Do you have any suggestions on how to find out if someone is Indian

                      ________________________________
                      From: Donna Bowen <donnabowen29@ yahoo.com>
                      To: genealogychatfriend s@yahoogroups. com
                      Date: Wednesday, January 20, 2010, 5:39 AM

                      Hi everyone.. I am looking for any info on Mason Duke in grayson county texas.  Also, I am looking for info on Iassac Allen  orginally from KY and then moved to grayson county texas.I was always told he was Cherokee Indian but I cannot not find any info that supports this.

                      Donna

                    • thirteenball2002
                      Message 10 of 16 , Feb 15, 2010
                        You didnt say what you were looking for in the way of info....
                        Census....
                        1930 ...
                        Name: Mason Duke
                        Home in 1930: Precinct 3, Grayson, Texas
                        View Map
                        Age: 60
                        Estimated birth year: abt 1870
                        Birthplace: Kentucky
                        Relation to Head of House: Head
                        Spouse's name: Clara P
                        Race: White

                        Household Members: Name Age
                        Mason Duke 60
                        Clara P Duke 60
                        Elvis Duke 16

                        1920 Census...
                        Name: Mason Duke
                        Home in 1920: Justice Precinct 6, Grayson, Texas
                        Age: 50 years
                        Estimated birth year: abt 1870
                        Birthplace: Kentucky
                        Relation to Head of House: Head
                        Spouse's name: Clara P
                        Father's Birth Place: Kentucky
                        Mother's Birth Place: Kentucky
                        Marital Status: Married
                        Race: White
                        Sex: Male
                        Home owned: Rent
                        Able to read: Yes
                        Able to Write: Yes
                        Image: 937

                        Household Members: Name Age
                        Mason Duke 50
                        Clara P Duke 50
                        Elmar O Duke 16
                        Eva J Duke 14
                        Elvis B Duke 6
                        Velma C Chaney 7

                        1910 Census...
                        Name: Maron Duke
                        [Mason Duke]
                        Age in 1910: 40
                        Estimated birth year: abt 1870
                        Birthplace: Kentucky
                        Relation to Head of House: Head
                        Father's Birth Place: Kentucky
                        Mother's Birth Place: Kentucky
                        Spouse's name: Clora P
                        Home in 1910: Justice Precinct 1, Grayson, Texas
                        Marital Status: Married
                        Race: White
                        Gender: Male

                        Household Members: Name Age
                        Maron Duke 40
                        Clora P Dake 40
                        Elmer O Dake 6
                        Iva J Dake 4
                        Willie H Star 32

                        1900 census...
                        Name: Mason Duke
                        [Massie Duke]
                        Home in 1900: Justice Precinct 1, Grayson, Texas
                        Age: 30
                        Birth Date: Oct 1869
                        Birthplace: Kentucky
                        Race: White
                        Gender: Male
                        Relationship to Head of House: Head
                        Father's Birthplace: Kentucky
                        Mother's Birthplace: Kentucky
                        Spouse's name: Claria
                        Marriage Year: 1899
                        Marital Status: Married
                        Years Married: 1
                        Residence : Justice Precinct 1 (All East of M.K.J.R. and North of Cotton Belt Rd. Excl. Sherman City), Grayson, Texas

                        Household Members: Name Age
                        Mason Duke 30
                        Claria Duke 30
                        James Duke 6
                        Irine Caugh 8
                        Lucy Caugh 7

                        1880 census..
                        Name: Mason Duke
                        Home in 1880: Renfrow, Butler, Kentucky
                        Age: 10
                        Estimated birth year: abt 1870
                        Birthplace: Kentucky
                        Relation to Head of Household: Cousin
                        Father's birthplace: Kentucky
                        Mother's birthplace: Kentucky

                        Household Members: Name Age
                        Jesse H. Embry 35
                        Martha J. Embry 33
                        Tempy F. Embry 12
                        Matelle E. Embry 10
                        Martila Embry 8
                        Carles Embry 5
                        Atlas Embry 3
                        Rosetta Embry 1M
                        Mason Duke 10

                        1870 Census...
                        Name: Mason Duke
                        Birth Year: abt 1869
                        Age in 1870: 1
                        Birthplace: Kentucky
                        Home in 1870: Cany, Grayson, Kentucky
                        Race: White
                        Gender: Male

                        Household Members: Name Age
                        J E Duke 33
                        Larisa A Duke 19
                        William Duke 16
                        John Duke 14
                        Richard Duke 12
                        Charles Duke 8
                        Mary Duke 4
                        Mason Duke 1
                        A B Baker 22

                        --- In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com, Donna Bowen <donnabowen29@...> wrote:

                        > Hi everyone.. I am looking for any info on Mason Duke in grayson county texas.  Also, I am looking for info on Iassac Allen  orginally from KY and then moved to grayson county texas.I was always told he was Cherokee Indian but I cannot not find any info that supports this.
                        >

                        > Donna

                      • Donna Bowen
                        Message 11 of 16 , Feb 15, 2010
                          Thank you very much thirteenball2002. This was a hugh help. I have only been doing this for about 6 months so I am still trying to find my way around.  I hope I will be able to help someone else soon