FTM 16 vs FTM 2010

  • Joann H
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 17, 2009
      I’m currently using FTM version 16.

      If  I install the new version 2010 on my PC, would it overwrite the old version that’s already on there leaving me with only the new version OR would it install in a different file so both versions could be run, possibly even at the same time?

      I’m torn.  In a way I’d like to try the new version, but then too, I’m familiar with the version I have & it seems to be working well for me.

      In the beginning I wasn’t consistent about citing sources so I’d like to keep one file as it currently is and have a second file that I can start over with to verify & cite all sources the way they should have been done in the beginning.

      Suggestions?

    • Helen & Delbert Long
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 28, 2009
        I have an older version of Family Tree maker that I have been suing for
        years.

        Searching: Long, Gibbs, Straw, House, Davis, Cline, Van Ausdle and more.

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 29, 2009
          House, I love that show!  I have a Davis line in my tree that was originally Duncan according to my late Grandfather and other family members.  I've also used FTM for years, but have upgraded periodically.  James F. Duncan is the one who changed his surname.  Ring any bells?  Maybe?  Texas is where he ended up.  Father of 11 children by Leatha Heard.

          ~april

          "I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once!"

          ________________________________

        • alani2@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 29, 2009
            If anyone is in the San Francisco Bay Area, drop by the Hayward Library (835 C Street), on Wednesday December 2, 2009. I have a scheduled Presentation of my book, Pieces of the Quilt: The Mosaic of An African American Family. The book is a culmination of over twenty years of work on my family lines. The book includes chapters on Native Americans, and the use of DNA in Genealogy. There is also a glossary of terms. It is available through Amazon.com. The event will take place from 6:00 - 7:30 pm, and is free to the public. I will sign books after the presentation.

            Anita Wills

            Anita Talks Genealogy - Blog Talk Radio

            Pieces of the Quilt

            "If you believe people have no history worth mentioning, it's easy to believe they have no humanity worth defending."
            — William Loren Katz
            June 18, 2009

            ________________________________

            ____________ _________ _________ __
            I have an older version of Family Tree maker that I have been suing for
            years.

            Searching: Long, Gibbs, Straw, House, Davis, Cline, Van Ausdle and more.

          • annystokes
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 29, 2009
              Anita,

              Sure wish I lived near there. It would be a pleasure to hear your presentation.

              I went to Amazon and 'looked' at your book. Looks like an amazing and painstaking work. In the Index, I noticed a Capt. Yarby. Sometimes my Yarbrough relatives were misspelled as "Yarby" (and all other sorts of spellings). Any chance this Capt Yarby could be from Yarbrough's in North/South Carolina?

              Thanks,

              Anny
              Ann Yarbrough Stokes