Surname: Legg

  • ROBERT E
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2009
      Hi everyone. My is Robert Ernest Legg, Jr..I live in Akron, Ohio. I have been doing this addicting subject four or more. My grandfather, Guy Ellsworth and my grandmother Carrie Belle Coomer. My gg-grandfather was William A. married to Lovisa Flemimg. My ggg-grandfather was John F. married to Mary ?. My gggg-grandfather was Thomas married to Amelia Lane. My ggggg-grandfather was Elijah married to Tabitha Hawley. My gggggg-grandfather was Fortuntus which was married to Hannah Smith. My ggggggg-grandfather was Thomas which married to Sarah Davenport. My gggggggg-grandfather was John which was married to Mary ?. Then the last one I have is my ggggggggg-grandfather Thomas married to Murial ?. Thomas was born in Surrey, England. He died in Compton, England in 1660. This all I have on the Legg's side of the family. If anyone has any info., it would be deeply appreciated. Thank you, Bob Legg
    • annystokes
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2009
        My husband's boyhood orthopedic doc was Dr. Legg. He thinks it was Eugene Legg. Don't know if he's one of your "Legg" relatives. This doc was in Dallas, TX.

        His pediatrician was Dr. Payne.

        The dentist - Dr. Bledsoe.

        There were a couple of more ironic ones, but I can't think of them right now.

        Funny, huh?!

[...]

      • mtneer1938
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 2, 2009
          Hi

          My namt is John M Legge. This is also my line your ancestor Fortunis ties in to my line thru his father. I believe that a Joun Legg born in Comptons came to Va in 1684. He came in group of 24 led by Col Cadwaller Jones. Do you have any such information and any on the ship.

          jml

          --- In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com, "ROBERT E" <scrappypapa@...> wrote:

          > Hi everyone. My is Robert Ernest Legg, Jr..I live in Akron, Ohio. I have been doing this addicting subject four or more. My grandfather, Guy Ellsworth and my grandmother Carrie Belle Coomer. My gg-grandfather was William A. married to Lovisa Flemimg. My ggg-grandfather was John F. married to Mary ?. My gggg-grandfather was Thomas married to Amelia Lane. My ggggg-grandfather was Elijah married to Tabitha Hawley. My gggggg-grandfather was Fortuntus which was married to Hannah Smith. My ggggggg-grandfather was Thomas which married to Sarah Davenport. My gggggggg-grandfather was John which was married to Mary ?. Then the last one I have is my ggggggggg-grandfather Thomas married to Murial ?. Thomas was born in Surrey, England. He died in Compton, England in 1660. This all I have on the Legg's side of the family. If anyone has any info., it would be deeply appreciated. Thank you, Bob Legg

        • ROBERT E LEGG
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 2, 2009
            Hi John, it's Bob. The info I have hasn't been certified. John Legg was abt 1663 in Compton, Surrey, England. He married Mary ?, which was born in abt. 1672. They must have can over on boat. John died 1797, Richmond, Richmond, Va. Mary died 1740, Richmond, Richmond, Va. John father was Thomas, born in Surrey, England and married Muriel. Thats the end of the line. Any info would be deeply appreciated. Bob