      From: jmg19532001
      To: genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, May 03, 2008 7:44 PM
      Subject: [genchatfriends] Re: Family Tree Maker Lite program -- FREE Limited time.

      Hmmm. I joined this group a while ago, I am Jerry. I work with computers
      and computer networking as I am sure some of you in this group do also.
      I have been "lurcking" and to be honest am fascinated by the amount of
      replies and the activity of the group. Someday I will post my brick
      walls.... I am hoping the government will release the "abducted by
      aliens database", circa 1880's by Xmas.... Hmm, I believe in Santa
      also....

      As with any software program, there are bugs in it. I use FTM 2008, I
      used it from the day it was announced, I have never lost my data as some
      have, I have not had any issues with software compatibilty with XP or
      with Vista and I have it on both machines. I seem to be in the monority,
      but felt strongly to put in a good word for the product. It has
      fantastic views of data, you can surf and search within the product in
      an IE7.0 browser. I believe it is compatible with Firefox also. I keep
      copies of my documents "within" the software linked to the person. And
      backup on an external (DVD or CDROM) drive. I am self taught in the
      software, like most techies, I never read the manual. But saying that, I
      believe I am missing features and will probably buy the book.

      One thing to realize, there is no ultimate solution. Whatever you are
      comfortable with and whatever works. I still use pencil, paper and oh
      yeah, that thing called a mini-cassette... Works real well with my 80
      year old mom when I talk with her.

      Thanks, Jerry from Ohio...

      --- In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com, "garyb11111"