10530Re: Looking for missing info on relatives: Madge McDERMED

  • Natuernut
    Aug 5, 2010
      My dad says he has seen Jennie Madge McDermed written somewhere, but he doesn't remember where. He said she always went by Madge. I don't know if this will help in finding info, but I want to thank you for the work you're putting into finding this stuff for me. It is greatly appreciated.

      --- In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com, "Bloodhound; Kermit" <tomknox2001@...> wrote:

      > > 1910 Broken Bow, Custer, Nebraska
      > > Wells, Llewellyn A/51:WI:NH:NH, Helen L/44:IA:Ger:IN,
      > > (), Lee F/17:NE:WI:IA
      >
      > observation: I'm not finding Madge McDermed.
      > observation: birthplaces for Lee Wells agree in 1910 & 1920.
      > hypothesis: birthplaces in 1920 transcript appear to be accurate.
      > deduction: birthplaces CA:CA:Canada are probably correct for Madge.
      > further observation: Madge is often a nickname for Margaret.
      >
      > Which makes this 1910 a possible match -
      > yeah, okay, the age doesn't quite match -
      > 1910 Los Angeles Assembly District 71, Los Angeles, California
      > (in the household of Clara W Donner/74 and Clara R Donner/54)
      > McDermed, Margaret A/roomer/14:CA:CA:Canada
      >
      > Which also makes this 1900 a possible match to the 1910 -
      > 1900 Eden, Alameda, California
      > McDermed, Joseph E, head 31 married 6 yrs born Feb 1869 CA:MO:Ireland
      > (), Lydia M, wife 31 married 6 yrs born Dec 1868 Canada:England:Eng
      > (), Margaret A, daughter 4 born Aug 1895 CA:CA:Can
      > (), Jennie M, daughter 2 born Feb 1898 CA:CA:Can
      > Hansen, Jennie/43/servant/divorced, Lewis/21/servant
      >
      > Tenuous and circumstantial, but possible . . .
      >
      > Maybe a marriage certificate would fill some missing information.
      >
      > - Tom Knox
      >

      > --- In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com, "Natuernut" <natuernut@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Sadly no, what I posted is all I have on her. I got the info on these three people from a relative. I'll try to find out more from them, if I can remember who it was since it's been a long time since I added info on these three, but I don't know if they'll have more for me or not.
      > >

      > > --- In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com, "Bloodhound; Kermit" <tomknox2001@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Q: do you have a death-date for Madge?
      > > > Is her 'proper' forename Margaret, or is it really Madge?
      > > >
      > > > First, to find Madge with her husband -
      > > > 1930 Novato, Marin, CA
      > > > Wells, Lee F/36:NE:IL:NE, Madge J/31:CA:CA:CA, Robert L/9:NE:NE:CA
      > > > 1920 Broken Bow, Custer, Nebraska
      > > > Wells, Lee F/27:NE:WI:IA, Madge/21:CA:CA:Canada
      > > >
      > > > From these, it looks like she was born ca.1899 !
      > > > Hmm - how did Madge (born CA) wind up in Nebraska in 1920?
      > > >
      > > > - Tom Knox

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic