10527Re: Looking for missing info on relatives: Madge McDERMED

  • Bloodhound; Kermit
    Aug 3, 2010
      > 1910 Broken Bow, Custer, Nebraska
      > Wells, Llewellyn A/51:WI:NH:NH, Helen L/44:IA:Ger:IN,
      > (), Lee F/17:NE:WI:IA

      observation: I'm not finding Madge McDermed.
      observation: birthplaces for Lee Wells agree in 1910 & 1920.
      hypothesis: birthplaces in 1920 transcript appear to be accurate.
      deduction: birthplaces CA:CA:Canada are probably correct for Madge.
      further observation: Madge is often a nickname for Margaret.

      Which makes this 1910 a possible match -
      yeah, okay, the age doesn't quite match -
      1910 Los Angeles Assembly District 71, Los Angeles, California
      (in the household of Clara W Donner/74 and Clara R Donner/54)
      McDermed, Margaret A/roomer/14:CA:CA:Canada

      Which also makes this 1900 a possible match to the 1910 -
      1900 Eden, Alameda, California
      McDermed, Joseph E, head 31 married 6 yrs born Feb 1869 CA:MO:Ireland
      (), Lydia M, wife 31 married 6 yrs born Dec 1868 Canada:England:Eng
      (), Margaret A, daughter 4 born Aug 1895 CA:CA:Can
      (), Jennie M, daughter 2 born Feb 1898 CA:CA:Can
      Hansen, Jennie/43/servant/divorced, Lewis/21/servant

      Tenuous and circumstantial, but possible . . .

      Maybe a marriage certificate would fill some missing information.

      - Tom Knox

      --- In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com, "Natuernut" <natuernut@...> wrote:

      > Sadly no, what I posted is all I have on her. I got the info on these three people from a relative. I'll try to find out more from them, if I can remember who it was since it's been a long time since I added info on these three, but I don't know if they'll have more for me or not.
      >

      > --- In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com, "Bloodhound; Kermit" <tomknox2001@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Q: do you have a death-date for Madge?
      > > Is her 'proper' forename Margaret, or is it really Madge?
      > >
      > > First, to find Madge with her husband -
      > > 1930 Novato, Marin, CA
      > > Wells, Lee F/36:NE:IL:NE, Madge J/31:CA:CA:CA, Robert L/9:NE:NE:CA
      > > 1920 Broken Bow, Custer, Nebraska
      > > Wells, Lee F/27:NE:WI:IA, Madge/21:CA:CA:Canada
      > >
      > > From these, it looks like she was born ca.1899 !
      > > Hmm - how did Madge (born CA) wind up in Nebraska in 1920?
      > >
      > > - Tom Knox
      > >

      > > --- In genealogychatfriends@yahoogroups.com, "Natuernut" <natuernut@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Ok, thanks. Here is what I'm looking for and what I have. I have 3 people I'm looking for their parents and and siblings and children they might have had beyond what I have, any specific dates are always welcome. (I'll give the information I have as it's entered in my Family Tree Maker file.)
      > > >
      > > > Person 1 (Madge McDermed):
      > > > Husband: Lee Forest Wells (I have his parents' names and birth months, years and states)
      > > > Date born: October 07, 1892 in Broken Bow, Custer, Nebraska, USA
      > > > Wife: Madge McDermed (I'm looking for better dates, siblings' info and parents' info)
      > > > Date born: Abt. 1886 in California, USA
      > > > Married: Abt. 1919
      > > > Children:
      > > > Robert Llewellyn Wells Male (Born)October 27, 1920
      > > > (This is my paternal grandfather and I have his wife and children)
      > > >
      > > > ... ...
      > > >
      > > > As you can probably guess I'm working on filling in missing info on my pedigree chart. I have some of the missing info for the other great-grandparents but not these three. Thank you in advance for any help and missing info you can give me.

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic