Re: [genealogie-limburg] Jan Kriens - geb ~1750 Weert

  • Antoine Vromen
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 7 1:02 AM
      Hello Frank,

      Perhaps you could look at this site (www.rhc-eindhoven.nl and www.bhic.nl) . It contains all information on Heeze/Leende and that area (those places are not in LIMBURG).

      Greetings Antoine Vromen

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Frank Bax
      To: genealogie-limburg@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2007 11:12 PM
      Subject: [genealogie-limburg] Jan Kriens - geb ~1750 Weert

      I am hoping to find out when Jan Kriens was born (I'm guessing about
      1750) so I can continue research on this branch of my family. There is
      not much to go on; since his age and parents are not mentioned on any
      records. I am new to research in Limburg - is anything available online
      for this time/place? I hesitate to order LDS films (several for Weert
      before 1811) until I know that more than one/two events took place there.

      1774-06-11 Heeze,NB ondertrouw -- Johannis Kriens, Weert & Catharina
      Johannis P Manus Leende

      1774-06-26 Leende,NB trouw -- Joannes Kriens & Catharina Hermans

      1797-04-30 Leende,NB ged -- Maria Catharina Kriens, d.v Joannes Kriens &
      Catharina Hermes. Getuige: Joannes Kriens, Antonia van Oijen.

      1812-11-10 Leende,NB ovr -- Johannes Kriens, geb. Weert
      akte: http://minto.bax.on.ca/fbax/1812-O-75.jpg

      1820-08-27 Leende,NB trouw -- Wouter Bax & Maria Catharina Kriens.
      Vader der bruid [Joannes] ovr 1812-11-10.

      1831-07-07 Leende,NB ovr -- Maria Catharina Criens; 37 jr geb Leende;
      echtgenote Walterus Bax; d.v Joannes Criens & Catharina Hermans, beide
      overleden.

      1849-04-25 Leende,NB ovr -- Peter Johannes Criens; 67 jr geb Weert; z.v
      Joannes Criens & Catharina Hermans, beide overleden.

      There are only a very few other events for "Kriens" in Leende which may
      or may not be related; but I include them here in case it helps.

      From the book: "Leende persoonlijk en per meter" pg144 volgnummer135
      van bevolkingsregister van 1823:
      Peter van der Laak, gehuwd, 45 jaar, geb 1777-01-16 Leende
      Maria Lucia Kriens, gehuwd, 43 jaar, geb 1779-02-02 Leende
      broer Hendrick Kriens, knegt, 20 jr, geb Leende
      Kinderen: Joanna (17jr), Wouter (14jr), Allegonda (11jr).

      From BS & DTB records:

      1804-02-12 Leende,NB trouw Petrus van der Laak & Maria Lucia Criens

      1804-04-17 Leende,NB ged Joanna van der Laak, d.v Petrus van der Laak &
      Maria Lucia Kriens. Getuige: Joannes Kriens, Aldegundis Bax.

      1807-07-25 Leende,NB ged Walterus van der Laak, z.v Petrus van der Laak
      & Maria Lucia Criens. Getuige: Joannes Franciscus van der Laak,
      Catharina Hermans.

      1810-05-15 Leende,NB ged Catharina Criens, d.v Henricus Criens & Maria
      Anna van Hemme. Getuige: Petrus van der Laak, Elisabetha Hermers.

      1810-05-29 Leende,NB ged Maria Aldegundis van der Laak, dochter van
      Petrus van der Laak & Lucia Kriens. Getuige: Henricus Kriens, Josina van
      der Laak.

      1813-01-01 Leende,NB ovr Jean Kriens; 15 jr geb Leende; zoon van Laurent
      Kriens & Maria van de Bruggen.

      Any help/guidance will be greatly appreciated.

      Frank

    • Frank Bax
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 7 10:28 AM
        Antoine Vromen wrote:
        > Hello Frank,
        >
        > Perhaps you could look at this site (www.rhc-eindhoven.nl and www.bhic.nl) . It contains all information on Heeze/Leende and that area (those places are not in LIMBURG).
        >
        > Greetings Antoine Vromen

        Thanks, I have spent a LOT of time on these sites already. The RHCE
        site recently added digital images of BS records for 11 more towns (I
        think total is 13 now). Because of this, I have made as much progress
        in the past two weeks as I did the first part of this year!

        You and I share some research interests. I am a descendant of
        Bex-Donkers on this page:
        http://members.home.nl/antoine.vromen/p0000030.htm#I17325

        Are you interested in more information?

        Frank