Re: [genealogie-limburg] help with translation

  • Fred Baltus
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 21, 2006
      Hi Joe,

      Capellen is nowadays Kapellen.
      You can find it here
      <http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&z=13&ll=51.525834,6.308899&spn=0.046672,0.1157&om=1>

      I was also looking for a road called "Aen gen Eijndt", but i didn't find
      it. It is possible that nowadya also a road has an ancient name.

      I will ask someone in another group. I let yo know the result

      See you,
      Fred (Baltus)

      --

      Groet/Regards/Grüsse,
      Fred Baltus
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 21, 2006
        Hallo,

        Ik wil heel even misbruik maken van deze groep. Op de komende HCC-dagen
        (24,25,26 november) is ook de GG Genealogie aanwezig...Verder bestaat de
        HCC!Genealogie 20 jaar en ter ere hiervan is er op 9 december een
        genealogiedag! Gratis entree! Kijk op http://www.genealogie.hccnet.nl/

        O ja, en binnenkort is er weer een bijeenkomst in St. Odiliënberg. (www.roerstreekmuseum of roots.fred-baltus.nl)

        Groet,

        Fred Baltus

        sinds 1984 lid van de HCC en pas sinds dec. 2002 lid van gg genealogie ;)

        Groet/Regards/Grüsse,
        Fred Baltus
        ------------
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 21, 2006
          Hi Joe,

          Do you know the next sites?

          http://www.families-angenent.com/thename.htm

          and

          http://www.angeneind.nl/html/familiewapen.html.

          See you,
          Fred

          --

          Groet/Regards/Grüsse,
          Fred Baltus
          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 21, 2006
            And Aengenesch you can find here.......

            <http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&om=1&z=14&ll=51.535018,6.389236&spn=0.023331,0.05785>

            and there is also a small chapel i read on the other sites....

            FRed

            --

            Groet/Regards/Grüsse,
            Fred Baltus
            E-Mail: fredbaltus@...; fred.baltus@...
            Genealogy site : http://roots.fred-baltus.nl
            Bidprentjes : http://roots.fred-baltus.nl
            *** This mail is scanned by Norton Antivirus ***
          • joe minten
            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 21, 2006
              Hi Fred.

              Thanks for the reply. I looked at the map you sent, and found a road called "Aengenescher Weg". It is just east of Issum. The road seems to go through a small area, hamlet or village called Aengenescher. This may be where the chapel is that I'm looking for.

              Is there anyone out there who is familiar with the area just east of Kevelaer Strasse, between Issum and Kapellen (or maybe lives near there)? If so, are you able to confirm the existence of either the chapel or the estate with the names mentioned below?

              Thanks in advance to everyone.
              Cheers,
              Joe

              Message 6 of 14 , Nov 21, 2006
                Hi Fred.

                I was not aware of those 2 sites. I will look into them. Thank you.

                Cheers,
                Joe

                Message 7 of 14 , Nov 21, 2006
                  Hi Joe,

                  I live about 70 km from the place. I know the area a little bit.

                  May be you try this German-group

                  Heinsberg-L mailing list
                  Heinsberg-L@...

                  I posted also your question there. You have to subscribe. If you don't
                  know how to write in German you can also post a message in ENglish, but
                  the response will be not so big.

                  According the other pages, there is a chapel in Aengenescher, but it is
                  closed for public.

                  Kevelaer is a place where many Pelgrims went in former days.

                  Maybe you have read it on the other pages, but that area was Dutch
                  before 1810.

                  See you,
                  Fred

                  --

                  Groet/Regards/Grüsse,
                  Fred Baltus
                  E-Mail: fredbaltus@...; fred.baltus@...
                  Genealogy site : http://roots.fred-baltus.nl
                  Bidprentjes : http://roots.fred-baltus.nl
                  *** This mail is scanned by Norton Antivirus ***
                • W.M.H. Brassé
                  Message 8 of 14 , Nov 21, 2006
                    How about this German Wikipedia page, it even has a photo of the chapel :-)!
                    http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aengenesch

                    Cheers,
                    Wil Brassé

                    Message 9 of 14 , Nov 21, 2006
                      Hello again everyone.

                      In the message below, I meant to say:

                      Is there anyone out there who is familiar with the area just WEST of
                      Kevelaer Strasse, between Issum and Kapellen (or maybe lives near
                      there)? If so, are you able to confirm the existence of either the
                      chapel or the estate with the names mentioned below?

                      Thanks again,
                      Joe

                      --

                      Groet/Regards/ Grüsse,

                      Fred Baltus

                      ------------

                      E-Mail: fredbaltus@home. nl; fred.baltus@ bigfoot.com

                      Genealogy site : http://roots. fred-baltus. nl

                      Bidprentjes : http://roots. fred-baltus. nl

                      *** This mail is scanned by Norton Antivirus ***

                      <!--

                      #ygrp-mlmsg {font-size:13px; font-family: arial,helvetica, clean,sans- serif;}

                      #ygrp-mlmsg table {font-size:inherit; font:100% ;}

                      #ygrp-mlmsg select, input, textarea {font:99% arial,helvetica, clean,sans- serif;}

                      #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height: 1.22em;}

                      #ygrp-text{

                      font-family: Georgia;

                      }

                      #ygrp-text p{

                      margin:0 0 1em 0;

                      }

                      #ygrp-tpmsgs{

                      font-family: Arial;

                      clear:both;

                      }

                      #ygrp-vitnav{

                      padding-top: 10px;

                      font-family: Verdana;

                      font-size:77% ;

                      margin:0;

                      }

                      #ygrp-vitnav a{

                      padding:0 1px;

                      }

                      #ygrp-actbar{

                      clear:both;

                      margin:25px 0;

                      white-space: nowrap;

                      color:#666;

                      text-align:right;

                      }

                      #ygrp-actbar .left{

                      float:left;

                      white-space: nowrap;

                      }

                      .bld{font-weight: bold;}

                      #ygrp-grft{

                      font-family: Verdana;

                      font-size:77% ;

                      padding:15px 0;

                      }

                      #ygrp-ft{

                      font-family: verdana;

                      font-size:77% ;

                      border-top:1px solid #666;

                      padding:5px 0;

                      }

                      #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{

                      padding-bottom: 10px;

                      }

                      #ygrp-vital{

                      background-color: #e0ecee;

                      margin-bottom: 20px;

                      padding:2px 0 8px 8px;

                      }

                      #ygrp-vital #vithd{

                      font-size:77% ;

                      font-family: Verdana;

                      font-weight: bold;

                      color:#333;

                      text-transform: uppercase;

                      }

                      #ygrp-vital ul{

                      padding:0;

                      margin:2px 0;

                      }

                      #ygrp-vital ul li{

                      list-style-type: none;

                      clear:both;

                      border:1px solid #e0ecee;

                      }

                      #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{

                      font-weight: bold;

                      color:#ff7900;

                      float:right;

                      width:2em;

                      text-align:right;

                      padding-right: .5em;

                      }

                      #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{

                      font-weight: bold;

                      }

                      #ygrp-vital a {

                      text-decoration: none;

                      }

                      #ygrp-vital a:hover{

                      text-decoration: underline;

                      }

                      #ygrp-sponsor #hd{

                      color:#999;

                      font-size:77% ;

                      }

                      #ygrp-sponsor #ov{

                      padding:6px 13px;

                      background-color: #e0ecee;

                      margin-bottom: 20px;

                      }

                      #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{

                      padding:0 0 0 8px;

                      margin:0;

                      }

                      #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{

                      list-style-type: square;

                      padding:6px 0;

                      font-size:77% ;

                      }

                      #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{

                      text-decoration: none;

                      font-size:130% ;

                      }

                      #ygrp-sponsor #nc {

                      background-color: #eee;

                      margin-bottom: 20px;

                      padding:0 8px;

                      }

                      #ygrp-sponsor .ad{

                      padding:8px 0;

                      }

                      #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{

                      font-family: Arial;

                      font-weight: bold;

                      color:#628c2a;

                      font-size:100% ;

                      line-height: 122%;

                      }

                      #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{

                      text-decoration: none;

                      }

                      #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{

                      text-decoration: underline;

                      }

                      #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{

                      margin:0;

                      }

                      o {font-size:0; }

                      .MsoNormal {

                      margin:0 0 0 0;

                      }

                      #ygrp-text tt{

                      font-size:120% ;

                      }

                      blockquote{margin: 0 0 0 4px;}

                      .replbq {margin:4;}

                      -->

                      <!--

                      Message 10 of 14 , Nov 21, 2006
                        Hi Wil.

                        This seems to the chapel I'm looking for.

                        Many Thanks.
                        Joe