Re: DAHLEM - ELEN - FISCHER Lommel Limburg

  • dahlem2004
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2005
      Dear Paul,

      Thank you for all these Informations, that I also had. I have
      contacted the museum several months ago without success.
      But who knows....
      Let me say If I can do something for you

      Best regards from France

      Henri-Charles Dahlem

      --- In genealogie-limburg@yahoogroups.com, Paul van
      Helmond <paulvanhelmond@y...> wrote:
      > Dear Henri-Charles,
      >

      > I do not know your ancestors but wanted to give you some
      background information anyhow. I have some ancestors from
      Luyksgestel which is near Lommel.

      > Both Luyksgestel and Lommel had "teutencompagnieen".
      These were international trading organisations. The "teuten"
      were door to door tradesman that traded either copper goods
      like pots and pans, human hair (for fabrication of wigs), ceramic
      pottery, textiles, some were travelling butchers. They were
      different from your average door to door tradesman, because
      they were highly organized and often provided credit for their
      transactions as well. They were quite advanced international
      traders and some made fortunes in their trading activities. The
      teuten organisations started around the end of the 16th century
      and flourished all the way to the end of the 19th century. The
      regions that the teuten would visit are Belgium, Germany,
      France, Luxemburg and Denmark. Typically the teuten would
      travel for a large period of the year before returning to their home
      town. I would imagine that it is quite likely that your ancestor was
      a member of a teuten organisation.

      > There is a museum in Lommel, called museum Kempenland
      where they have an exihibit about teuten live. You may want to
      contact this museum to get more information.

      > http://www.museum-kempenland.be
      >
      > They may know whether there were teuten organizations in
      Lommel that travelled to the region in France where your
      ancestor settled. They may also have lists of members of the
      various teuten organisations.

      > Good luck with your search,
      >
      > Paul van Helmond
      > New Jersey, USA
      >

      > Dahlem Henri-Charles <dahlem2004@y...> wrote:
      > To: genealogie-limburg@yahoogroups.com
      > From: Dahlem Henri-Charles <dahlem2004@y...>
      > Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 08:48:38 +0200 (CEST)
      > Subject: [genealogie-limburg] DAHLEM - ELEN - FISCHER
      Lommel Limburg

      > Hello,
      > I would appreciate if somebody could helps me to find
      > the link with my ancestors in Limburg.
      >
      > I found that
      > DAHLEM, Martin was born in Lommel, Limburg before
      > 1700 an went in France, where he married
      > EBERHARDT, Agnès (daughter of EBERHARDT, Paul and
      > SPIES, Catherine.
      > These couple had following children:
      > DAHLEM, Odile (She married first Hendrik ELEN from
      > Lommel (Limbourg) and then Conrad Beisen in 1767.
      > DAHLEM, Guillaume born on December 14 in Guising
      > (Bettviller), Moselle, Lorraine, FRANCE
      > DAHLEM, Anne Christine
      > DAHLEM, Anne Marie
      >
      > I also found a DAHLEM Marie born bef. 1665 who married
      > FISCHER, Gaspard born before 1662. The marriage was
      > celebrated in Lommel, Limburg. The couple had a child:
      > FISCHER, Marie Elise
      >
      > Best Thanks for any information.
      >
      > Henri-Charles Dahlem
      >
      > Bonjour,
      > J'ai retrouvé des patronymes communs dans vos informations
      mises à disposition sur internet. Je vous invite à consulter les
      complements éventuels dont je dispose sur ma base en ligne
      qui compte désormais quelque 15000 patronymes:

      > Appel audio GRATUIT partout dans le monde avec le nouveau
      Yahoo! Messenger
      > Téléchargez cette version sur http://fr.messenger.yahoo.com
      >

      > Genealogie in Limburg:
      > http://genealogie-limburg.net