Newspaper report of a wedding?

  • Karen Hughes
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31, 2002
      Hello all and Happy New Year!

      Can anyone tell me if I am likely to find a report of a wedding that
      took place in July 1901 in Roermond, and if so, where to look? I am
      hoping it might mention the guests who attended!

      --
      Cheers!
      Karen.

      Internet: khughes@...
      or: Karen_Hughes@...
      ICQ # 22350352
      Visit my webpage on my Tasmanian families :
      http://www.powerup.com.au/~khughes
      Coming to you from beautiful Brisbane, Queensland, Australia!
    • Jorma Huijts
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2003
        Hallo Karen,

        Happy New Year to you, too.

        The Centraal Bureau voor Genealogie, CBG in The Hague might have it.
        First check on their site www.cbg.nl whether they have information on the
        family names concerned. If so, somebody who visits the CBG can check whether
        there is a newspaper ad on the wedding.

        Cheers!
        Jorma
      • Jorma Huijts
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 2, 2003
          Hello Karen,

          In addition to my previous answer:
          Archives for genealogy sometimes also have archives of some newspapers of the
          city or the region.
          Newspapers often themselves have archives, too.
          These are a few possibilities.

          Best regards,
          Jorma