IMKAMP familie

  • Karen Hughes
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 30, 2002
      Hi,

      Can anyone help with more on this family - I have many generations of my
      SPECKEN family but this is all I have on my IMKAMP line!

      1. Hendrik Christiaan IMKAMP geb Netherlands?, tr. Catharina Hubertina
      LEMMEN, geb Netherlands?.
      11. Anna Maria Hubertina IMKAMP geb 17 Apr 1847, Roermond, Limburg,
      Netherlands, tr. 16 Jul 1867, te Roermond, Limburg, Netherlands,
      Josephus Franciscus Hubertus SPECKEN, geb 10 Aug 1841, Helden
      Netherlands, (zoon van Hubert Guillaume Louis SPECKEN en Petronella
      Mathia VAN OYEN) occupation Merchant in chemicals, overleed 3 Jul 1904,
      Roermond, Limburg, Netherlands. Anna overleed 19 Mar 1918, Groesbeek
      Netherlands.

      You can write to me in English, Dutch or German (I don't really speak
      Dutch but I can work out!)

      --
      Cheers!
      Karen.

      Internet: khughes@...
      or: Karen_Hughes@...
      ICQ # 22350352
      Visit my webpage on my Tasmanian families :
      http://www.powerup.com.au/~khughes
      Coming to you from beautiful Brisbane, Queensland, Australia!
    • Jorma Huijts
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 1, 2002
        Dear Karen,

        Please look at www.genlias.nl. Choose Aanmelden to log in on that site.
        There you find details on marriages, starting with the first marriage couple
        you mentioned. Other information is still minimal but will follow in future.
        Information before about 1811 you find on a CD-ROM called GenDaLim4 that I
        and several other in this newsgroup have.
        Please let us know what you found in GenLias and what data you cannot find.
        Success!

        Kind regards,
        Jorma
      • Jorma Huijts
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 1, 2002
          Dear Karen,

          Unfortunately the marriage of Jan Nicolaas Imkamp with Maria Gertrudis
          Inderhees is not mentioned in GenLias.
          GenDaLim4 gives not much information on the family. Only three persons in
          Geulle and Beek in 1919 and 1923.
          From www.familysearch.org it is obvious that the family also lived in
          Germany, in both Rheinland and Westfalen (Rheinland-Westfalen).
          Jan and Nicolaas however are Dutch forenames and not German, so if he was
          born or baptised with these names he was born in Holland and possibly in
          Roermond or surroundings. Maybe somebody has his data or can look them up
          when he or she visits an appropriate archive. For me it is too far.
          Sorry that could help you only with one generation.

          Best regrads, Jorma
        • Jorma Huijts
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 1, 2002
            Dear Karen,

            Searching on Internet suggests a connection between the name Imkamp and the
            name im Leimkamp, called after a farm de leimkamp in Overtegelen.
            They name amongst others
            Henryck Metz baptised approx. 1545 in Venlo
            Henryck's son Theis im Leimkamp born before 1570 in Venlo and died approx.
            1619
            Theis' sons Hendrick Imkamp baptised approx. 1678 and died 06-07-1678 Belfeld
            and Thonis in de Leijmkamp.
            Thonis' son Gerardt in de Leijmkamp baptised before 1637 in Tegelen and died
            01-09-1672 Tegelen.

            GenDaLim4 gives for Tegelen only mariages between 1700-1799 but no Imkamp,
            Leimkamp or Leijmkamp.

            Is it possible to proof a connection between your Imkamp's and these people?

            Regards, Jorma
          • Karen Hughes
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 2, 2002
              Hi Jorma,

              Thank you for your replies! Every little bit helps and this is certainly
              more than I knew before.

              I am grateful for your suggestions - the genlias site is a great
              resource - which I can't believe I never looked at before!

              > Unfortunately the marriage of Jan Nicolaas Imkamp with Maria Gertrudis
              > Inderhees is not mentioned in GenLias.
              > GenDaLim4 gives not much information on the family. Only three persons in
              > Geulle and Beek in 1919 and 1923.
              >>From www.familysearch.org it is obvious that the family also lived in
              > Germany, in both Rheinland and Westfalen (Rheinland-Westfalen).
              > Jan and Nicolaas however are Dutch forenames and not German, so if he was
              > born or baptised with these names he was born in Holland and possibly in
              > Roermond or surroundings. Maybe somebody has his data or can look them up
              > when he or she visits an appropriate archive. For me it is too far.
              > Sorry that could help you only with one generation.

              Dank U wel!

              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 3, 2002
                Hi Karen,

                Because Hendrik Christiaan Imkamp was born 09-10-1810 at Breyell, Germany you
                could put a question about Jan Nicolaas Imkamp, Maria Gertrudis Inderhees and
                their family on Yahoo groups PfalzGroup and german_genealogy.
                www.archive.nrw.de for archives in Nordrhein-Westfalen points to Kreisarchiv
                Viersen. An E-mail Kontakt to them can cost money, however.

                Kind regards,
                Jorma
              • Ralf H. Hendrix
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 3, 2002
                  Hello,

                  information about Breyell(41334 Nettetal-Breyell) you can ask
                  following archiv:

                  Personenstandsarchiv Rheinland
                  Schloßstr. 10-12
                  50321 Brühl
                  poststelle@...

                  Greatings
                  Ralf

                  > Because Hendrik Christiaan Imkamp was born 09-10-1810 at Breyell, Germany you
                  > could put a question about Jan Nicolaas Imkamp, Maria Gertrudis Inderhees and
                  > their family on Yahoo groups PfalzGroup and german_genealogy.
                  > www.archive.nrw.de for archives in Nordrhein-Westfalen points to Kreisarchiv
                  > Viersen. An E-mail Kontakt to them can cost money, however.

                  Ralf H. Hendrix
                  Bellenweg 13
                  D-41334 Nettetal - Hinsbeck

                  mailto:ralf.hendrix@...
                  www.ralfhendrix.de
                • Karen Hughes
                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 6, 2002
                    HI again Jorma,

                    > Searching on Internet suggests a connection between the name Imkamp and the
                    > name im Leimkamp, called after a farm de leimkamp in Overtegelen.
                    > They name amongst others
                    > Henryck Metz baptised approx. 1545 in Venlo
                    > Henryck's son Theis im Leimkamp born before 1570 in Venlo and died approx.
                    > 1619
                    > Theis' sons Hendrick Imkamp baptised approx. 1678 and died 06-07-1678 Belfeld
                    > and Thonis in de Leijmkamp.
                    > Thonis' son Gerardt in de Leijmkamp baptised before 1637 in Tegelen and died
                    > 01-09-1672 Tegelen.
                    >
                    > GenDaLim4 gives for Tegelen only mariages between 1700-1799 but no Imkamp,
                    > Leimkamp or Leijmkamp.
                    >
                    > Is it possible to proof a connection between your Imkamp's and these people?

                    It certainly sounds interesting - I would love to be able to prove it, I
                    have some work in front of me.

                    Thanks to the genlias.nl site I now know the following about my IMKAMPs

                    First Generation

                    1. Jan Nicolaas IMKAMP. in IGI as Jean Nicolas Jan Nicolaas married
                    Maria Gertrudis INDERHEES/INDERDEES.

                    They had the following children:
                    2 i. Hendrik Christiaan (1810-)
                    ii. Henri Mathias. Born on 15 Mar 1813 in Breyell, Germany.
                    iii. Jean Guillaume. Born on 19 May 1814 in Breyell, Germany.

                    Second Generation

                    2. Hendrik Christiaan IMKAMP. Born on 9 Oct 1810 in Breyell, Germany. On
                    16 Feb 1843 when Hendrik Christiaan was 32, he married Catharina
                    Hubertina LEMMEN(S), daughter of Jan Sebastian LEMMEN & Anna Gertrudis
                    PRUYMBOOM, in Roermond, Limburg, Netherlands. Born in Roermond, Limburg,
                    Netherlands.

                    They had the following children:
                    3 i. Anna Maria Hubertina (1847-1918)
                    4 ii. Theresia Maria Hubertina
                    5 iii. Gerard Hubert (1857-)
                    iv. Maria Josephina Hubertina. Born in Roermond, Limburg, Netherlands. On 18
                    Jun 1872 Maria Josephina Hubertina married Johann Julis Hubertus
                    FUNCKEN, son of Peter Mathias FUNCKEN & Francisca WELSCH, in Roermond,
                    Limburg, Netherlands. Born on 30 Oct 1836 in Wankum, Germany.
                    v. Alfons Maria Arthur Hubert.

                    Third Generation

                    3. Anna Maria Hubertina IMKAMP. Born on 17 Apr 1847 in Roermond,
                    Limburg, Netherlands. Anna Maria Hubertina died in Groesbeek Netherlands
                    on 19 Mar 1918, she was 70. On 16 Jul 1867 when Anna Maria Hubertina was
                    20, she married Josephus Franciscus Hubertus SPECKEN, son of Hubert
                    Guillaume Louis SPECKEN (5 Sep 1816-30 Nov 1844) & Petronella Mathia VAN
                    OYEN (21 Jul 1815-20 May 1878), in Roermond, Limburg, Netherlands. Born
                    on 10 Aug 1841 in Helden Netherlands. Josephus Franciscus Hubertus died
                    in Roermond, Limburg, Netherlands on 3 Jul 1904, he was 62. Occupation:
                    Merchant in chemicals.

                    They had the following children:
                    6 i. Marie Louise Hubertine Constance (1868-1959)
                    ii. Maria Adele Hubertine. Born on 28 Aug 1870 in Roermond, Limburg,
                    Netherlands. Maria Adele Hubertine died in Roermond Netherlands? on 2
                    Nov 1949, she was 79. On 6 Oct 1896 when Maria Adele Hubertine was 26,
                    she married Eberhard Nathanael Johannes HAASS, son of Georg Leopold
                    Ludwig HAASS & Elise Caroline Ludowige Fredericke Hedwige THIEME, in
                    Roermond, Limburg, Netherlands. Born in 1872 in Badenweiler Netherlands.
                    iii. Jacqueline Josephine Nat(h)alie. Born on 11 Jan 1871 in Roermond, Limburg,
                    Netherlands. Jacqueline Josephine Nat(h)alie died on 5 Apr 1871 in
                    Roermond, Limburg, Netherlands.
                    iv. Joseph Jacques Marie Alphonse. Born on 18 Jan 1872 in Roermond, Limburg,
                    Netherlands. Joseph Jacques Marie Alphonse died in Roermond, Limburg,
                    Netherlands on 11 Nov 1873, he was 1.
                    7 v. Elvire Marie Louise Nat(h)alie (1872-1943)
                    8 vi. Paula Marie Josephine Jeanette (1875-1962)
                    vii. Adele Henriette Isabelle Jeanne. Born on 9 Feb 1876 in Roermond, Limburg,
                    Netherlands. On 8 Dec 1904 when Adele Henriette Isabelle Jeanne was 28,
                    she married Georg Anton Alfred SCHWATZE, son of Hermann Hugo Rudolf
                    SCHWATZE & Katinka Julia Klara GRABOWSKY, in Roermond, Limburg,
                    Netherlands. Born in 1870 in Halle Germany. Occupation: Lawyer & Judge.
                    viii. Joseph Marie. Born on 9 Apr 1877 in Roermond, Limburg, Netherlands. Joseph
                    Marie died in Brussels Belgium on 25 Oct 1940, he was 63.
                    ix. Jeanne Josephine Louise. Born on 29 Aug 1879 in Roermond, Limburg,
                    Netherlands. Jeanne Josephine Louise died on 3 Jun 1879 in Roermond,
                    Limburg, Netherlands.
                    9 x. Marie Joseph Gerard Alphonse (1884-1960)

                    4. Theresia Maria Hubertina IMKAMP. Born in Roermond, Limburg,
                    Netherlands. Theresia Maria Hubertina married Martinus Emmanuel RUTTEN,
                    son of Jan Reiner Napoleon RUTTEN & Catharina Judith BEIJSENS. Born on
                    26 Mar 1844 in Sittard, Limburg, Netherlands.

                    They had the following children:
                    i. Juul.
                    ii. Felix Jean Joseph. Born in Sittard, Limburg, Netherlands. On 22 Feb 1919
                    Felix Jean Joseph married Maria Hubertina Jacoba Isabella KOENEN,
                    daughter of Mathijs Jacobus KOENEN & Adriana Cornelia BOGAERTS, in
                    Geulle, Limburg, Netherlands. Born in 's Hertogenbosch, Netherlands.

                    5. Gerard Hubert IMKAMP. Born on 26 Dec 1857 in Roermond, Limburg,
                    Netherlands. On 29 Jul 1882 when Gerard Hubert was 24, he married
                    Francisca Johanna Mathilde JANSEN, daughter of Frans JANSEN & Christina
                    SCHERER, in Roermond, Limburg, Netherlands. Born in Rheindalen.

                    They had one child:
                    i. Paula Maria Hubertina Christina. Born in Roermond, Limburg, Netherlands. On
                    4 Jul 1911 Paula Maria Hubertina Christina married Ernest Pierre Hubert
                    HAAN, son of Frederikus Augustinus HAAN & Clementina Hubertina Henrietta
                    BOCKEN, in Roermond, Limburg, Netherlands. Born in Roermond, Limburg,
                    Netherlands.

                    Fourth Generation

                    6. Marie Louise Hubertine Constance SPECKEN. Born on 9 May 1868 in
                    Roermond, Limburg, Netherlands. Marie Louise Hubertine Constance died in
                    's-Gravenhage Netherlands on 13 Feb 1959, she was 90. Known as Stanne
                    On 26 Apr 1892 when Marie Louise Hubertine Constance was 23, she married
                    Robert Edouard Hubert Lambert Joseph ROCH DE BEAUMONT, son of Edouard
                    Francois Hubert Joseph ROCH DE BEAUMONT & Agnes Catherine Lucie RENKIN,
                    in Roermond, Limburg, Netherlands. Born on 16 Oct 1870 in Maastricht
                    Netherlands. Robert Edouard Hubert Lambert Joseph died in 's-Gravenhage
                    Netherlands on 15 Mar 1934, he was 63. Occupation: Merchant.

                    They had one child:
                    i. Marie Lucie Marguerite. Born on 15 May 1894 in Roermond, Limburg,
                    Netherlands. On 23 Apr 1919 when Marie Lucie Marguerite was 24, she
                    married Nicolaas Constant Maria Adrianus VAN DEN DRIES, son of Nicolaas
                    Constantina Maria VAN DEN DRIES & Johanna Adriana Rosalia KEUNEN, in
                    Roermond, Limburg, Netherlands. Born in 's Hertogenbosch, Netherlands.

                    7. Elvire Marie Louise Nat(h)alie SPECKEN. Born on 3 Mar 1872 in
                    Roermond, Limburg, Netherlands. Elvire Marie Louise Nat(h)alie died in
                    London, Middlesex, England on 30 Aug 1943, she was 71. Known as Via On
                    25 May 1895 when Elvire Marie Louise Nat(h)alie was 23, she married
                    Ernest B JONAS, in Wallington Middlesex England.

                    They had one child:
                    i. Muriel Marie A. Born on 14 Mar 1896 in Lewisham Kent England.

                    8. Paula Marie Josephine Jeanette SPECKEN. Born on 11 Nov 1875 in
                    Roermond, Limburg, Netherlands. Paula Marie Josephine Jeanette died in
                    Sydney, New South Wales, Australia in 1962, she was 86. Buried in 1962
                    in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. Immigrated in Mar 1913 to
                    Tasmania, Australia. On 9 Jul 1901 when Paula Marie Josephine Jeanette
                    was 25, she married George Frederick HADLEY, son of Isaac HADLEY
                    (1823?-aft 1881) & Eliza MORSE (bef 1836-aft 1875), in Roermond,
                    Limburg, Netherlands. Born on 3 Feb 1874 in West Ham Walthamstow Essex
                    England. George Frederick died in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia on
                    22 Jul 1942, he was 68. Buried in Jul 1942 in Sydney, New South Wales,
                    Australia. Immigrated in Mar 1913 to Tasmania, Australia. Occupation:
                    Merchant?

                    They had the following children:
                    10 i. Leslie George Joseph (1902-1988)
                    11 ii. Stanley Lambert (1903-) (my grandfather, still going strong at 99 years old!)
                    iii. Frederick Alfonse. Born aft 1909 in Kent England. Frederick Alfonse died
                    in Launceston, Tasmania, Australia on 31 May 1923, he was 14. Buried in
                    Jun 1923 in Sheffield, Tasmania, Australia. Immigrated in Mar 1913 to
                    Tasmania, Australia.
                    iv. Ernest William. Born on 5 Jul 1910 in Kent England. Ernest William died in
                    Young, New South Wales, Australia in 1991, he was 80. Immigrated in Mar
                    1913 to Tasmania, Australia. On 21 Dec 1935 when Ernest William was 25,
                    he first married Doris J BOLES, in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.
                    The marriage took place at Balmain North. Ernest William second married
                    Valerie ?, in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. Valerie died in
                    1995/6? in Young, New South Wales, Australia. The marriage took place at
                    Wayside Chapel.

                    9. Marie Joseph Gerard Alphonse SPECKEN. Born on 26 Jun 1884 in Beesel
                    Netherlands. Marie Joseph Gerard Alphonse died in Zèurich Switzerland on
                    7 Jul 1960, he was 76. Marie Joseph Gerard Alphonse married Hedwig
                    FURGER, in Zurich Switzerland. They have one son.

                    So you can see the tree continues to grow!

                    Message 9 of 10 , Dec 7, 2002
                      Dear Karen,

                      Quite impressive what you know already!

                      In the future GenLias will also give births and deaths. Once in a while you
                      can check the updates for Limburg. You can e-mail them whether they have a
                      planning when this will be ready for the places you are interested in.
                      In this way you possibly find missing dates, children who died young and
                      women that died in childbirth or shortly after. Those things happened rather
                      frequently in those times.

                      According to www.familysearch.org the Mormones filmed the church records of
                      Breyell!
                      Kirchenbuch, 1631-1810 Katholische Kirche Breyell (Kr. Kempen).
                      The film numbers FHL INTL Film 164550 & 164551 can be ordered or directly
                      checked at the center nearest to your home address.
                      If the family stayed for a longer time at Breyell you can find more ancestors
                      of the IMKAMPs. Also check for other spellings like Im Kamp (, maybe under
                      the K?)
                      Note the witnesses named. Also check for brothers and sisters and their
                      marriages. Do the witnesses are grandparents, uncles, aunts or their
                      relatives? In this way you have less chance to follow a wrong trace.

                      Does the German institute for this region have indexes on other sources that
                      the church books. If they are not on Internet would they fax you the part on
                      the names you are looking for?

                      An institute on the study of names / onomastics, Namenkunde in German, maybe
                      can tell you other origins of the name that the one in (Over)tegelen
                      mentioned. A question about the books about German surnames I found on the
                      Internet, placed in this groups did not give reactions.

                      Success with your further investigations. Please keep us posted.

                      Best regrads,
                      Jorma
                    • Jorma Huijts
                      Message 10 of 10 , Dec 7, 2002
                        Dear Karen,

                        www.familyserach.com mentions several Inderhees after 1800 in Breyell and
                        other places there. Do they originate from Breyell or surroundings?
                        So, you could look on the films, in other records and in a German name search
                        also for Inderhees, In der Hees etc.

                        Kind regards,
                        Jorma