Betr.: [genealogie-limburg] Pierre van Dooren uit Weert - staftrompetter van de 12e regt dragonders

  • Wil Brasse
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2002
      Dear Roly, what year was the list published on page 18 in the LTG?

      Wil Brassé, Sittard.

      Wil M.H. Brassé
      medewerker Stadsarchief Sittard-Geleen
      Kasteelhof 1 te Born
      tel. 046-4818927
      geopend ma-do. 9-17 uur

      >>> roly_hermans@... 26-02-02 10:09 >>>
      I am seeking information on my great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandfather, Pierre van Dooren (born 13 February 1787 in
      Weert). In particular, I am interested in his military service in Napoleon's 12th Dragoons. He was a trumpetter in the 1e compagnie,
      2e bataljon, 12e regiment dragonders - stamboeknummer 1447.

      A Napoleonic military historian today send me the following information. Can anyone help with the document that the 'register'
      of the 'Limburgs Tijdschrift voor Genealogie' holds on Pierre van Dooren?

      "I found the name of your ancestor in a name list, called "Lijst van namen van militairen uit de franse tijd, 1793-1813 - uit het gebied
      van de tegenwoordige provincies Limburg" (no place, no date). This list was published by the 'Limburgs Tijdschrift voor Genealogie'
      (Limburg Magazine for Genealogy), Postbus 83, 6200 AB Maastricht, The Netherlands. The entry is on page 18, and says:

      Weert: Dooren van P, 490 *

      "The number is a number of a 'register' from this magazine. The asterisk means that the 'register' contains one or more documents
      about this person. Further, the name list states that 'no. 388 - 732 received the Order of St-Helene. There exists also another list,
      called "Vervolglijst van namen van militairen uit de franse tijd, 1793-1813 - uit het gebied van de tegenwoordige provincies Limburg" (no place, no date). This booklet contains a list of names from the first list, augmented with more detailed information about those persons when available. In this list, your ancestor is NOT mentioned."

      Thank you ...

      Roly Hermans
      Paraparaumu
      New Zealand
      http://dare.paradise.net.nz/valeur/index.htm

      This outbound message from Gemeente Sittard-Geleen has been checked for all known viruses by IV-Scan, powered by MessageLabs.
    • roly_hermans
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 3, 2002
        Goede dag, Wil ...

        I do not know exactly what year that list was published in the LTG.
        The only information I had is what you saw in my original message.

        However, I just did a search in Google on the title of the list, and
        found this:

        "Lemmen, L. - Lijst van namen van militairen uit de Franse Tijd, 1793-
        1813, uit het gebied van de tegenwoordige provincie Limburg. Weert
        1982."

        Does that help?

        Roly Hermans
        Paraparaumu, Nieuw Zeeland

        --- In genealogie-limburg@y..., "Wil Brasse" <wil.brasse@s...> wrote:
        > Dear Roly, what year was the list published on page 18 in the LTG?
        >
        > Wil Brassé, Sittard.
      • Wil Brasse
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 4, 2002
          Dear Rory,

          I have searched through years of the magazine, since the list was published in small parts from 1980 on.
          P. van Dooren nr. 490 is mentioned in 1990/page 35!
          However this entry does not contain any information you did not already know...
          What the asterix stands for is not made claer. I think you should contact the compiler of the list to find out what specific document about P. van Dooren is and where it can be found.

          The compiler's name and adress are still the same in the phone book:

          L. LEMMEN-NIESSEN, DE RAAK 14, 6003 PD WEERT, (0495) 52 49 22

          Greetings, Wil Brassé.

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 5, 2002
            Thanks, Wil ... that is very helpful... I will write to Mr Lemmen-
            Niessen to see if he can help.

            Regards ...

            Roly
            --- In genealogie-limburg@y..., "Wil Brasse" <wil.brasse@s...> wrote:
            > Dear Rory,
            >
            > I have searched through years of the magazine, since the list was
            published in small parts from 1980 on.
            > P. van Dooren nr. 490 is mentioned in 1990/page 35!
            > However this entry does not contain any information you did not
            already know...
            > What the asterix stands for is not made claer. I think you should
            contact the compiler of the list to find out what specific document
            about P. van Dooren is and where it can be found.

            > The compiler's name and adress are still the same in the phone book:
            >
            > L. LEMMEN-NIESSEN, DE RAAK 14, 6003 PD WEERT, (0495) 52 49 22
            >

            > Greetings, Wil Brassé.
            >
            > Wil M.H. Brassé
            > medewerker Stadsarchief Sittard-Geleen
            > Kasteelhof 1 te Born