Re: [genea-cz] Request for assistance

  • Duncan Gardiner
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 29, 2004
      Hello,
      Hrdina is not an uncommon name in Czech and it
      is probably there are many people from different
      places with that name.
      Best would be to have the Czech archive
      administration try to find a record of birth
      or marriage for an ancestor whose dates you
      are certain are correct.
      Best regards,
      Duncan Gardiner

      > Is there anybody able to help me
      > I am looking for ancestors coming from Bohemia, just before 1800,
      > certainly 1794
      > the name is ARDINAT in french translation , but I think it would be
      > HRDINA in Cz
      > He comes from a village near PRAGUE , named BOSISKA ( always a french
      > translation )
      > I saw there is a lot of HRDINA in Prague ???
      > If somebody may guess would be the actual name of the place and from
      > where comes the name HRDINA ?
      > I would be very gratfukk
      > Philippe Deniau
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      Duncan Gardiner, Certified Genealogist
    • eugeny
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 29, 2004
        To mister Dunkan Gardiner!
        Whether there is no at you information on surname Janovka.
        The Czech families got to Ukraine during labour immigration in 1860-1880.
        Yours faithfully Eugeny Janovka.

        > Hrdina is not an uncommon name in Czech and it
        > is probably there are many people from different
        > places with that name.
        > Best would be to have the Czech archive
        > administration try to find a record of birth
        > or marriage for an ancestor whose dates you
        > are certain are correct.
        > Best regards,
        > Duncan Gardiner
        >

        > > Is there anybody able to help me
        > > I am looking for ancestors coming from Bohemia, just before 1800,
        > > certainly 1794
        > > the name is ARDINAT in french translation , but I think it would be
        > > HRDINA in Cz
        > > He comes from a village near PRAGUE , named BOSISKA ( always a french
        > > translation )
        > > I saw there is a lot of HRDINA in Prague ???
        > > If somebody may guess would be the actual name of the place and from
        > > where comes the name HRDINA ?
        > > I would be very gratfukk
        > > Philippe Deniau
        > >

        > > Yahoo! Groups Links
        > >

        > Duncan Gardiner, Certified Genealogist
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Duncan Gardiner
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 31, 2004
          Janovka is also a frequent Czech name.
          Duncan Gardiner

          > To mister Dunkan Gardiner!
          > Whether there is no at you information on surname Janovka.
          > The Czech families got to Ukraine during labour immigration in 1860-
          1880.
          > Yours faithfully Eugeny Janovka.

          Lexmark
          Canada.