Bohemia

  • Michel <michel_102@hotmail.com>
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 10, 2003
      Is there anybody able to help me !
      I am looking for ancestors comming from Bohemia named Dutit
      (Duthil,Dutuy)and Salsanbrette around 1800.
      Since the transcription of names has been made in France the
      spelling may be wrong.
      They where comming from a town named Hersenau.
      If somebody may guess what would be the actual name of that place I
      would be very gratfull.

      M. Legros
    • Duncan
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 10, 2003
        I looked through several references for a Hersenau in Bohemia. Didn't find
        anything likely. I would suggest you go back to the original source, make a
        good copy, then send it to someone who can decipher the handwriting.
        Je vous souhaite bonne chance.
        Duncan Gardiner

        At 03:13 PM 1/10/2003 +0000, you wrote:
        >Is there anybody able to help me !
        >I am looking for ancestors comming from Bohemia named Dutit
        >(Duthil,Dutuy)and Salsanbrette around 1800.
        >Since the transcription of names has been made in France the
        >spelling may be wrong.
        >They where comming from a town named Hersenau.
        >If somebody may guess what would be the actual name of that place I
        >would be very gratfull.
        >
        >M. Legros

        Duncan Gardiner, PhD, Certified Genealogist, Accredited Genealogist
        Lakewood, Ohio (duncan@...)
        Specializing in Czech, Slovak, and German Ancestries
        http://feefhs.org/pg/dg/gardiner.html
        http://feefhs.org/pg/dg/dgbcg197.html