Gel code completion or Code insight don't work

  • loversae
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2002
      I have a problem with code completion
      It doen't show me the existing methods e.g for a Jframe
      Do i need to install any ting other than core JDK 1.3 like Javadoc
      e.g
      I have just downloaded j2se 4 my Win98 machine
      Though i have no problems compiling and running a project

      Thank you
      Regards
      Loversae
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2, 2002
        Are you using a project? If your using a project, check Project|Properties
        to make sure a JDK has been set.

        If you not using a project, check to make sure at least one JDK has been
        marked as the default in Tools|Options|JDK.

        Gerald

      • loversae
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 3, 2002
          Thanks
          What really happened was I had created a new class inheriting JFrame
          And I expected to list the methods of JFrame which was not possible.

          Seriously this is one of the few i have seen which exactly fills my req
          Keep up the good work

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 4, 2002
            >Thanks
            >What really happened was I had created a new class inheriting JFrame
            > And I expected to list the methods of JFrame which was not possible.

            Gel uses the compiled class files to get code compeltion information. So if your class is compiled then it will work fine. One of my todo items is to to generate completion information from the source for the 'this' keyword.

            >Seriously this is one of the few i have seen which exactly fills my req
            >Keep up the good work

            Thanks.