Version 0.81 available

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 2 7:22 PM
      Hi all,

      CHANGE TO PROJECT FILE IN 0.81, PLEASE BACKUP PROJECT FILE PRIOR TO UPGRADE
      SO YOU CAN REVERT TO EARLIER VERSIONS IF NEED BE.

      Version 0.81 is now available, the following changes have been made:

      - Gel now supports multiple source paths within a given project
      - Fixed problems with certain dialogs appearing after switching
      focus from Gel to another application and back again
      - Hopefully fixed the range out of bound errors when the
      Limit To Match code completion option is active
      - Fixed a memory leak associated with two project dialogs
      - Fixed a couple of low level bugs in support routines
      - Added an author field to project info. This will be
      used by a forthcoming javadoc tool

      Some notes on multiple source paths. Each source path has two pieces of info
      associated with it as follows:

      - Is it the default? The default is used in certain spots to open directory
      browsing dialogs, etc. It is not used in any java way
      - Source type. Currently two types are supported, source and test. Right now
      there is not much distinction between the two, however additional support
      for JUnit down the line will use the test source path heavily to position
      files correctly.

      Limitations of multiple source paths:

      - You should never have two classes in the same package with the same name
      in different source paths. This will cause unpredictable behavior when using
      code completion and other wizards.
      - The history structure has changed completely due to the need to store more
      info about file location. Thus clicking on the history tab may not show
      anything once you upgrade. Note that history files will still be generated
      fine, it's just the location that has changed. If you want to preserve
      history accessibility. Open a file and save it to see the new structure and
      copy the old history files accordingly.

      Final note, the multiple source file addition is a major change in
      underlying structures, please let me know as soon as possible of any
      problems or issues that you encounter.

      Gerald
    • dscotney2
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 3 12:54 AM
        Hi Gerald

        Unfortunately, the "only show matching entries" for code assist still
        seems to have a bug. If code assist is invoked for an import
        statement, I find that the matching doesn't match, and if I select
        from the list without matching, invalid completion is done on pressing
        enter.

        Regards,

        Derek.

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 3 7:27 AM
          OK this is getting irritating, I will look into this some more tonite. It's annoying because when I look at it at home everything seems to be working fine.

          On the plus side, no bug reports with regards to multiple source paths yet :)

          From: "dscotney2" <dscotney@...>
          Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 07:54:35 -0000