Re: [gelide] Version 0.80 out

  • Miguel
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 26, 2002
      you haven't mentioned the problem of "changing case while resaving files"
      issue that was supposed to be solved on this release... was this fixed?

      thanks! :)

      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 26, 2002
        Yes, it was fixed

        From: "Miguel" <mgesteiro@...>
        Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 09:12:06 +0200

        >you haven't mentioned the problem of "changing case while resaving files"
        >issue that was supposed to be solved on this release... was this fixed?
        >
        >thanks! :)

      • pradeep bhargav
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 26, 2002
          Hi Gerald,

          > - Introduced two new actions, Previous Method and Next
          > Method. This enables you to quickly navigate through
          > methods in a class

          How to use this feature. I'm unable to use it.
          Please help.

          Regards,

          =====

          pradeepbhargav
          JCE CIVIL GROUP
          John F Welch Technology Centre
          G.E India Technology Centre Pvt. Ltd.
          pradeepbhargav@...
          bhargav.pradeep@...

          http://finance.yahoo.com
        • Miguel
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 26, 2002
            thanks Gerald!

            One little question: is there any kind of selected text block indentation
            mechnism on the editor like borland has (since turbo pascal 5)? (CTRL-K-U
            and CTRL-K-I in borland's editors) It's very useful when you have to indent
            code to fit it into a bucle or a try-catch block.

            I'm asking first, because I discovered that not all features (like
            fast-position go-to markers) are documented. If not, I'll make an official
            "request for feature" O:)

            thanks in advance.

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 26, 2002
              Right click when a java file is open and select Previous Method or Next Method. The caret must be in a method already

              From: pradeep bhargav <pradeepbhargav@...>
              Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 05:22:26 -0700 (PDT)

              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 26, 2002
                Miguel,

                >One little question: is there any kind of selected text block indentation
                >mechnism on the editor like borland has (since turbo pascal 5)? (CTRL-K-U
                >and CTRL-K-I in borland's editors) It's very useful when you have to indent
                >code to fit it into a bucle or a try-catch block.

                It's there, <CTRL><SHIFT><I> for indent and <CTRL><SHIFT><U> for unindent.

                >I'm asking first, because I discovered that not all features (like
                >fast-position go-to markers) are documented. If not, I'll make an official
                >"request for feature" O:)

                One place that you can always check is the keystroke customizer. It lists all available actions, documented or not. Just right click the toolbar, select customize, go to the key tab and select the 'Editor' category.

                Gerald
              • Ivan Vecanski
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 26, 2002
                  > It's there, <CTRL><SHIFT><I> for indent and <CTRL><SHIFT><U> for
                  > unindent.

                  Or you can use the 'hardcoded' TAB and SHIFT-TAB
                  http://fastmail.fm
                • Ivan Vecanski
                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 26, 2002

                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 26, 2002
                      >> It's there, <CTRL><SHIFT><I> for indent and <CTRL><SHIFT><U> for
                      >> unindent.
                      >
                      >Or you can use the 'hardcoded' TAB and SHIFT-TAB

                      Actually, this is not hardcoded, there is an option to enable this behavior in editor options, "Tab key indents selected text". Thanks for reminding me, I forget about this as I am so used to Borland's key mapping.