Re[2]: [gelide] www.gexpert.com frequently unavailable

  • Rick Reumann
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 15, 2002
      Hello Gerald,

      Monday, July 15, 2002, 12:44:55 PM, you wrote:

      GN> Is anyone else having problems accessing the site as it has been
      GN> working ok for me. Just would like to get a few more data points
      GN> before going to the hosting company to see what's up.

      Site not coming up at all for me.
      http://www.gexperts.com/

      I've always notice that sometimes the site would not come up or
      often be very very very slow in bringing up the first page. Once
      the first came up, though, and I guess I had a Session, things
      were fine. It was just getting the initial page to come up that
      has always been slow (and now not even that is coming up).

      Time to bitch to your hosting provider I guess:)

      GN> Gerald

      Best regards,
      Rick mailto:reumann@...
    • Daan Kets
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 15, 2002
        It ain't working here... (Antwerp & Brussels, Belgium).

        Daan

        Is anyone else having problems accessing the site as it has been working
        ok for me. Just would like to get a few more data points before going to
        the hosting company to see what's up.

        >Over the last few days, your site has been often unavailable, or is
        >timing out. Are you hosting cheerleader pictures again? ;)
        >
        >It's really lame serving...time to switch hosting companies?

        >http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • ianshef
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 15, 2002
          I frequently encounter the same problem as Rick (see below)... and
          this is from two different sites (my home and my work) with different
          ISPs.

          In addition, I sometimes (like a couple of days ago) encounter a
          request for a user ID and a password, which of course I don't have.

          If it matters, my location is in the vicinity of Tucson, Arizona.

          -- Ian Shef

          --- In gelide@y..., Rick Reumann <reumann@m...> wrote:
          > Hello Gerald,
          >
          > Monday, July 15, 2002, 12:44:55 PM, you wrote:
          >
          > GN> Is anyone else having problems accessing the site as it has been
          > GN> working ok for me. Just would like to get a few more data points
          > GN> before going to the hosting company to see what's up.
          >
          > Site not coming up at all for me.
          > http://www.gexperts.com/
          >
          > I've always notice that sometimes the site would not come up or
          > often be very very very slow in bringing up the first page. Once
          > the first came up, though, and I guess I had a Session, things
          > were fine. It was just getting the initial page to come up that
          > has always been slow (and now not even that is coming up).
          >
          > Time to bitch to your hosting provider I guess:)
          >
          > GN> Gerald

        • iamanutbar
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 12, 2002
            Cant hit your site at all, in Ireland here.

            best of luck,
            Chris

            --- In gelide@y..., Rick Reumann <reumann@m...> wrote:
            > Hello Gerald,
            >
            > Monday, July 15, 2002, 12:44:55 PM, you wrote:
            >
            > GN> Is anyone else having problems accessing the site as it has been
            > GN> working ok for me. Just would like to get a few more data points
            > GN> before going to the hosting company to see what's up.
            >
            > Site not coming up at all for me.
            > http://www.gexperts.com/
            >
            > I've always notice that sometimes the site would not come up or
            > often be very very very slow in bringing up the first page. Once
            > the first came up, though, and I guess I had a Session, things
            > were fine. It was just getting the initial page to come up that
            > has always been slow (and now not even that is coming up).
            >
            > Time to bitch to your hosting provider I guess:)
            >
            > GN> Gerald

          • jreidthompson
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 12, 2002
              Browser states "Could not locate remote server"
              ping response "Unknown host www.gexperts.com"

              > Cant hit your site at all, in Ireland here.
              >
              > best of luck,
              > Chris
              >
              > --- In gelide@y..., Rick Reumann <reumann@m...> wrote:
              > > Hello Gerald,
              > >
              > > Monday, July 15, 2002, 12:44:55 PM, you wrote:
              > >
              > > GN> Is anyone else having problems accessing the site as it has been
              > > GN> working ok for me. Just would like to get a few more data points
              > > GN> before going to the hosting company to see what's up.
              > >
              > > Site not coming up at all for me.
              > > http://www.gexperts.com/
              > >
              > > I've always notice that sometimes the site would not come up or
              > > often be very very very slow in bringing up the first page. Once
              > > the first came up, though, and I guess I had a Session, things
              > > were fine. It was just getting the initial page to come up that
              > > has always been slow (and now not even that is coming up).
              > >
              > > Time to bitch to your hosting provider I guess:)
              > >
              > > GN> Gerald

            • ahDan
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 13, 2002
                Hi Guys,

                My friend over at Germany is also having the same problem (likewise
                in Singapore here). Seems that there is recent update on the DNS
                entry when I did a search over at internic website for the domain
                "gexperts.com" (8 Aug). I think this info should take a day or two to
                syn.

                Could use IP "216.19.73.24" for the
                time being to access gexpert website.

                Hope that this piece of info helps ... ...

                Cheers,
                ahdan