Version 0.75g out

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2, 2002
      Version 0.75g of Gel is now available, following changes were made:

      - Fixed problem where minimizing Gel caused it to minimize right above the
      taskbar
      - Fixed problem of double slash appearing in filename when creating a new
      project with no packages
      - Fixed problems with CS-RCS version control system
      - Added a new dialog in project menu to enable users to quickly locate and
      open project files

      Gerald
    • Ivan Vecanski
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3, 2002
        Hi,

        On 03 March 2002 at 21:50:06 GMT -0500 (which was 02:50 where I live) Gerald Nunn
        wrote:

        GN> - Fixed problems with CS-RCS version control system

        I use CS-RCS on this machine, but it doesn't appear in the Source
        Control Provider list. I don't have Visual Studio.

        Also, When JAVA files are associated with Gel (within Gel Options),
        and you double click a java file, Gel will open the file, but the
        following message will appear from Windows Explorer:

        "Windows cannot find 'C:\dev\java\gel\test\Test.java'. You may have
        typed the name incorrectly in the Run dialog, or another open program
        cannot find a system file. To search for a file, click the Start
        button, and then click Search."

        When I disable 'Use DDE' in Windows' File Association, everything
        seems to work OK.

        GN> - Added a new dialog in project menu to enable users to quickly locate and
        GN> open project files

        Great stuff.

        Regards,

        Ivan

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 3, 2002
          Ivan,

          >I use CS-RCS on this machine, but it doesn't appear in the Source
          >Control Provider list. I don't have Visual Studio.

          I have downloaded and tried CS-RCS here and it is working fine. Having said that, I have a suspicion where the problem lies and will correct it tonite.

          >When I disable 'Use DDE' in Windows' File Association, everything
          >seems to work OK.

          Gel uses DDE by default for associations since it is a lot more efficient when you accidently double click 30 java files in explorer. I think you may have found one of the last relative vs absolute bugs, I'll correct it for tonite's version.