Re[4]: [gelide] new to Gel

  • Ivan Vecanski
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 2, 2002
      Hi Gerald,

      On 02 March 2002 at 18:07:20 GMT -0500 (which was 23:07 where I live) Gerald Nunn
      wrote:

      >> As I could see from the jde file, bookmarks are file based.
      >> Is there a way I can "quick jump" to a bookmark in a different file?

      GN> How would the interface for this to work? Every file could have a bookmark
      GN> #1, how would it know what file to jump to?

      I guess the only solution would be to have bookmarks which would be
      unique in a project, as opposed to a file. Then, when you choose,
      let's say #1, you "jump" to the location in the file where that
      bookmark is. Delphi has bookmarks on a file level, JBuilder on a
      project level, which is probably due to the nature of languages. In my
      opinion, when developing in Java the user often has to jump from a
      bookmark in one file to a bookmark in another. Also, if you have 5
      bookmarks in file A, 5 in B, 5 in C, you will loose track of them, so
      it's probably reasonable to have them on a project level.

      Anyway, I don't think this is a very important issue. So many things
      in Gel work perfect, so please don't bother to much.

      Regards,

      Ivan