RE: Re[2]: [gelide] new to Gel

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 2, 2002
      Ivan,

      Download and install the GExperts add-in for Delphi at
      http://www.gexperts.org

      > As I could see from the jde file, bookmarks are file based.
      > Is there a way I can "quick jump" to a bookmark in a different file?

      How would the interface for this to work? Every file could have a bookmark
      #1, how would it know what file to jump to?

      > When I minimize Gel it doesn't minimize completely to the task bar,
      > instead it creates one of those 'title bar icons', like when you
      > minimize a window in an MDI application. Bug or feature? It can be
      > annoying when Gel is minimized and the user wants to reach it through
      > ALT-TAB or the task bar.

      Bug, will be fixed in the next version, thanks.

      Gerald
    • Ivan Vecanski
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 2, 2002
        Hi Gerald,

        On 02 March 2002 at 18:07:20 GMT -0500 (which was 23:07 where I live) Gerald Nunn
        wrote:

        >> As I could see from the jde file, bookmarks are file based.
        >> Is there a way I can "quick jump" to a bookmark in a different file?

        GN> How would the interface for this to work? Every file could have a bookmark
        GN> #1, how would it know what file to jump to?

        I guess the only solution would be to have bookmarks which would be
        unique in a project, as opposed to a file. Then, when you choose,
        let's say #1, you "jump" to the location in the file where that
        bookmark is. Delphi has bookmarks on a file level, JBuilder on a
        project level, which is probably due to the nature of languages. In my
        opinion, when developing in Java the user often has to jump from a
        bookmark in one file to a bookmark in another. Also, if you have 5
        bookmarks in file A, 5 in B, 5 in C, you will loose track of them, so
        it's probably reasonable to have them on a project level.

        Anyway, I don't think this is a very important issue. So many things
        in Gel work perfect, so please don't bother to much.

        Regards,

        Ivan