(Un-)Feature Request

  • ianshef
    Message 1 of 2 , May 3, 2002
      I have an un-feature request. I hope that I don't get flamed by the
      group for it.

      I have observed with trepidation a recent flurry of feature requests
      for Gel.

      Some of the beauty of Gel is that it is small, fast, and responsive
      even on a slow computer. (Other delights of Gel include an author who
      is highly responsive to bug reports and feature requests, and a
      perfect price).

      I am concerned that if features continue to be added to Gel, it will
      become large and slow like the other IDE's already available. If I
      wanted slow, I would have continued using them intead of switching to
      Gel.

      Please don't add so many features that Gel becomes bloated like all
      the rest!
      Message 2 of 2 , May 4, 2002
        Ian,

        Your point is well taken however I don't think you need worry too much.
        Since Gel is written in native code there is still room for additional
        features without the program getting bloated. Most of the features that are
        being added are small in nature so they shouldn't way down the program too
        much. As always though, I rely on the users to tell me what is working/not
        working, so feel free to let me know if at any point you think it is getting
        too bloated.

        Gerald