Re: Features request.....

  • mr_agomez
    Message 1 of 7 , May 3, 2002
      Hi Gerald,

      > >Changes undo (ctrl-z) is not unsetting the modified flag
      >
      > This is dependant on the setting for "remove undo info on save".
      Check this option and you will get the behavior you desire.

      that's not what i meant....

      suppose u open a file, make a change, then appears "Modified" in the
      status bar, but if undo the change (ctrl-z), what u see is the same
      that is stored in the disk, so it shouldnt say "Modified", but still
      says so.

      another feature to add is the auto indent, it means after u open a
      {, [ or ( and hit "enter" auto-indent next line, and u when u
      close }, ], or ) un-indent the line.

      the last request for the moment is to check for all open files if
      someone else, or another application has modified them, popup an
      alert and ask to reload the file or no.

      thanks in advance

      Alejandro Gómez
    • mr_agomez
      Message 2 of 7 , May 3, 2002
        --- In gelide@y..., "Gerald Nunn" <gnunn@g...> wrote:

        > >I'm new to your IDE…. I'm coming from JCreator and some things I
        found
        > >useful in it are the auto-detection of the EOL character (DOS –
        UNIX -

        Message 3 of 7 , May 3, 2002
          Alejandro,

          >suppose u open a file, make a change, then appears "Modified" in the
          >status bar, but if undo the change (ctrl-z), what u see is the same
          >that is stored in the disk, so it shouldnt say "Modified", but still
          >says so.

          The reason that it is dependant on the switch I mentioned is that if undo info is not removed after a save, you could have this sequence:

          change
          save
          change
          undo
          undo

          What this means is that even though you undid to the beggining of the stack, the file in buffer is different then the file on disk because of the intervening save. When remove undo on save is not checked, Gel never resets the modified flag in response to an undo to make sure that the scenario above can never occur.

          >another feature to add is the auto indent, it means after u open a
          >{, [ or ( and hit "enter" auto-indent next line, and u when u
          >close }, ], or ) un-indent the line.

          This is there for the closing brace, select the option in Java options.

          >the last request for the moment is to check for all open files if
          >someone else, or another application has modified them, popup an
          >alert and ask to reload the file or no.

          Gel does this already

          Cheers,

          Gerald
        • Alejandro Martín Gómez
          Message 4 of 7 , May 3, 2002

            Gerald,

            Sorry about posting twice…..

            >>the last request for the moment is to check for all open files if

            >>someone else, or another application has modified them, popup an

            >>alert and ask to reload the file or no.

            >Gel does this already

            maybe there’s an option to activate this, cuz this not working for me

            I open a file from my project in gel, then open it again with notepad, modify it within notepad, save it in notepad and nothing happens with gel

            Alejandro Gómez

            Cibermatica S.A.

            Message 5 of 7 , May 3, 2002
              It only prompts you if the file in Gel is modified, otherwise it reloads it automatically. It works fine here.

              From: Alejandro Martín Gómez <agomez@...>
              Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 15:13:01 -0300