Code Completion for Arrays

  • kbaynes
    Message 1 of 4 , May 3, 2002
      Another Code Completion comment :-) Hope you don't mind.

      I've noticed that the code completion for Arrays functions sort of
      backwards.

      Example:

      Integer ints[] = new Integer[1];
      ints[0] = new Integer(1);
      ints[0]. <- displays Array members
      ints. <- displays Integer members

      "ints" is an Array, but "ints." displays Integer members.
      "ints[0]" is an Integer, but "ints[0]." displays Array members.

      Thanks! :-)

      Kevin
      Message 2 of 4 , May 4, 2002
        Fixed for next version, problem is due to declaring the array after the
        variable name instead of after the type. Change the declaration to the
        following will make code completion work again for now:

        Integer[] ints = new Integer[1];

        Gerald

        Message 3 of 4 , May 6, 2002
          Great!

          I didn't even think to try to declare it the other way. Old habits...
          :-)

          Was my other email about code completion for 'new' objects not
          appropriate? or in some way a invalid?

          Thanks,

          -Kevin

          Message 4 of 4 , May 6, 2002
            Kevin,

            >Was my other email about code completion for 'new' objects not
            >appropriate? or in some way a invalid?

            No it was fine and makes sense, I added to the ever expanding feature list.