Re: [gelide] Urgent feature request

    Message 1 of 5 , May 3, 2002
      Daan,

      >* An option to not use the -sourcepath option, but to instead add
      >the sourcepath to the classpath when compiling,

      sure, no problem.

      >* An option to specify that an external tool should be run as a
      >compiler,

      Probably not going to happen

      >* A way to specify the exact command line for every compiler
      >yourself, as in NetBeans.

      The problem is Gel needs to know how the compiler outputs error messages and warnings to build the tree, that is why only javac and jikes are currently supported.

      Gerald
    • Daan Kets
      Message 2 of 5 , May 3, 2002

        About my third request :

        I can assure you that the output of our compiler is compliant with jdk
        1.1.8 or higher, so, this should not be a problem.

        Daan

        >* An option to not use the -sourcepath option, but to instead add
        >the sourcepath to the classpath when compiling,

        sure, no problem.

        >* An option to specify that an external tool should be run as a
        >compiler,

        Probably not going to happen

        >* A way to specify the exact command line for every compiler
        >yourself, as in NetBeans.

        The problem is Gel needs to know how the compiler outputs error messages
        and warnings to build the tree, that is why only javac and jikes are
        currently supported.

        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        Message 3 of 5 , May 3, 2002