Urgent feature request

  • Daan Kets
    Message 1 of 5 , May 3 12:23 AM
      Message
      Gerald

      As an embedded programmer, I often have to compile using non-standard compilers etc. Gel often has problems with these, unless I run them as an external tool. However, in this case, I get the compiler output in a standard 'console', meaning I can't select the error lines etc.

      I would like to request the following features :

      • An option to not use the -sourcepath option, but to instead add the sourcepath to the classpath when compiling,
      or
      • An option to specify that an external tool should be run as a compiler,
      or (even better)
      • A way to specify the exact command line for every compiler yourself, as in NetBeans.

      I hope you can do this, it would be a great help...

      Thanks in advance

      Daan
    • Daan Kets
      Message 2 of 5 , May 3 12:29 AM
        Message
        Another one :
            Please think about an option to avoid using doubble back-slashes in the file to compile.

        Thx.

        Message 3 of 5 , May 3 6:21 AM
          Daan,

          >* An option to not use the -sourcepath option, but to instead add
          >the sourcepath to the classpath when compiling,

          sure, no problem.

          >* An option to specify that an external tool should be run as a
          >compiler,

          Probably not going to happen

          >* A way to specify the exact command line for every compiler
          >yourself, as in NetBeans.

          The problem is Gel needs to know how the compiler outputs error messages and warnings to build the tree, that is why only javac and jikes are currently supported.

          Gerald
        • Daan Kets
          Message 4 of 5 , May 3 7:01 AM

            About my third request :

            I can assure you that the output of our compiler is compliant with jdk
            1.1.8 or higher, so, this should not be a problem.

            Daan

            >* An option to not use the -sourcepath option, but to instead add
            >the sourcepath to the classpath when compiling,

            sure, no problem.

            >* An option to specify that an external tool should be run as a
            >compiler,

            Probably not going to happen

            >* A way to specify the exact command line for every compiler
            >yourself, as in NetBeans.

            The problem is Gel needs to know how the compiler outputs error messages
            and warnings to build the tree, that is why only javac and jikes are
            currently supported.

            Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
            Message 5 of 5 , May 3 7:26 AM