Code Completion for method chaining in 'new' objects

  • kbaynes
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2002
      I love the code completion in Gel, it's one of the main reasons I'm
      using it.

      I have an enhancement request that I hope is not a repeat. :-)

      I work with some Java objects where I often 'new' the object and
      immediately set an attribute of the object via a chained method.

      Ex.
      Element e = new Element("e").setText("I am e");

      It would be great if Gel would pop up the available methods on the
      object after 'new Element("e").'.

      Also, it would be great if Gel would pop up a list of available
      Objects after 'new'. I would use this feature to 'cheat' sometimes by
      typing: 'e = new ' then selecting the Object and copying and pasting
      it back in front to make: "Element e = new Element()". I often try to
      do things this way to avoid misspelling long names.

      Thanks!

      Kevin